Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon IPF8300 vertical lines  (Read 1071 times)

Simmons

• Fine Art Printed
Canon IPF8300 vertical lines
« on: April 09, 2021, 07:02:29 am »

Hello to everyone,
i'm having this problem for the first time in 10 years and i'm not so sure how can i solve this. I've done several cleanings and auto settings for head position without results.
Did you ever see something like that?
The photo is a detail of the problem through a loupe.

I don't think is something related to the head (which by the way has recently been changed), seems something related to alignment of colors.

Thank you

arobinson7547

Re: Canon IPF8300 vertical lines
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 08:02:19 am »

I'd start looking for anything that may be caught in the Print Area (debris from paper).

I'd also let the head come out; kill the power; take it out and take a look at it and gently wipe.

Just remember; the heads also have a lot of electronics. It 'could' be necessary to try another. That will at least let you rule the head out.

Maybe just reseating the head might help.

I love my 8300.

deanwork

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 09:50:12 am »

Two things I would check. First I’d buy some canned air and carefully blow out any debris in the carriage area, especially the bottom of the print heads.

Second I would very carefully with a good light and a lint free cotton cloth clean the encoder strip. That’s the long plastic band that runs the length of the carriage assembly. Don’t use any kind of fluid cleaner! Please don’t bend it or scratch it. The encoder strip on all these printers sends the image data signal from the computer to the head. If you have some ink or grease or something on it that can distort the image. I had that problem about 15 years ago on an Epson, cleaned it and it went away immediately.

If these don’t work, yea remove the heads and clean them that way , but I don’t think that will be necessary. It could be obvious hair or something on the surface of the print head.

While you are in there with a light, check the head capping area and the left side for ink build up. Ink crust can transfer to the bottom of the head. It’s a good idea to inspect these areas on all printers frequently.

John

I'd start looking for anything that may be caught in the Print Area (debris from paper).

I'd also let the head come out; kill the power; take it out and take a look at it and gently wipe.

Just remember; the heads also have a lot of electronics. It 'could' be necessary to try another. That will at least let you rule the head out.

Maybe just reseating the head might help.

I love my 8300.

Simmons

• Fine Art Printed
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 10:32:24 am »

Thank you, i did not even know the existence of the encoder strip before today. Seems perfectly fine and clean to me. I blew some air under the heads and in some other places. Now i'm testing again the print.
In the meantime i've done some other regulation with the manual: Position (standard, advanced and expansion) without improvements, Quality regulation but nothing.
Nothing even this print has this problem. I've changed the left head on November, seems really strange to me that could be already the head. I'm talking about the left one. But looking at the report the plotter used more gray and red so maybe is the right printhead with problems.

deanwork

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 12:07:57 pm »

If the head is still in warranty send it back and get another one.

Thank you, i did not even know the existence of the encoder strip before today. Seems perfectly fine and clean to me. I blew some air under the heads and in some other places. Now i'm testing again the print.
In the meantime i've done some other regulation with the manual: Position (standard, advanced and expansion) without improvements, Quality regulation but nothing.
Nothing even this print has this problem. I've changed the left head on November, seems really strange to me that could be already the head. I'm talking about the left one. But looking at the report the plotter used more gray and red so maybe is the right printhead with problems.

Simmons

• Fine Art Printed
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 12:18:04 pm »

i don't think the printhead has a warranty. It's like a consumable. And furthermore it's used for months.

deanwork

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 12:53:49 pm »

That’s totally wrong . Because something is a consumable doesn’t mean it has no warranty!  I had an 8300 for 8 years. I returned two defective heads and they overnighted me new ones with no questions asked. But they have to be within a certain period. If you can’t figure out anything else it is probably the head.

quote author=Simmons link=topic=138059.msg1214378#msg1214378 date=1617985084]
i don't think the printhead has a warranty. It's like a consumable. And furthermore it's used for months.
[/quote]

Simmons

• Fine Art Printed
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 05:11:25 am »

And Today i received the 03800500-2F43 error.

arobinson7547

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 07:34:19 am »

What's bad is people waste a LOT of ink [and time] and THEN replace the head.

I learned a long time ago; save the ink and replace the head, now.

Why do I think this way?

Because over on the Dark Side (Epson Land);
those guys can't, so effortlessly, just  pop in a new head and usually,
more times than not, are left with a Boat Anchor.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 05:43:22 pm by arobinson7547 »

Simmons

• Fine Art Printed
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2021, 11:39:09 am »

That’s totally wrong . Because something is a consumable doesn’t mean it has no warranty!  I had an 8300 for 8 years. I returned two defective heads and they overnighted me new ones with no questions asked. But they have to be within a certain period. If you can’t figure out anything else it is probably the head.

How long it lasts the warranty? And do you know how does it works? Who i need to contact?

Simmons

• Fine Art Printed
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 06:52:29 am »

I've found how to send back the print head in warranty. In the mean time (since i have to work) i ordered a new print head hoping to solve the problem faster.
Nope.
i replaced the left printhead with a new one and nothing changed. At this point i don't know if changing even the right print head will do anything.

If i make a nozzle check print i see to completely different pattern in normal mode and service mode. how should i interpret it?

P.S. i've just changed the PC

Richard.Wills

• Photofusion Photography Centre
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2021, 07:48:16 am »

Wow.

Service mode is showing what's happening at the output, normal mode shows the compensated output, so the bad patches are looking half density.

Not something I've seen, but this is clearly occurring before the print head - either the carriage where it sits, the cables connecting the head to the board, or at the board. At least that is what it looks like to me.

PC plays no part in this particular problem. I'd suggest that  further headcleans will bring nothing good to the party

arobinson7547

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2021, 08:52:01 am »

You can probably rule out a 'physical' problem. So an electrical problem
that's 'not' in the Print Head???

Simmons

• Fine Art Printed
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2021, 09:05:24 am »

so a quick and sad update.
i replaced both the printhead and 4 colors that in the mean time with all these changes finished. And..
Nothing. The problem persists.

i think i need canon assistance to understand the problem.

deanwork

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2021, 11:39:37 am »

Problem is Canon is no longer supporting this printer and parts and boards are not available .

I just reluctantly gave mine away after wasting $750.00 on a main board that did nothing to solve my problem.

so a quick and sad update.
i replaced both the printhead and 4 colors that in the mean time with all these changes finished. And..
Nothing. The problem persists.

i think i need canon assistance to understand the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up