Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P20000 replacement  (Read 429 times)

arobinson7547

Epson P20000 replacement
« on: April 07, 2021, 03:39:45 pm »

OK IT Supplies (or anyone else with a Crystal Ball)

What are your thoughts on a Replacement for the Epson P20000 (like a 64" 9570)

How far out do you think a replacement may be? Given Epson have discontinued the P10000 and view the P9570 as it's replacement, it seems reasonable that something will come.

I'm just trying to decide if one should wait (if you need 60+ inches) maybe even get something used to tide you over.... or is things imminent?

deanwork

Re: Epson P20000 replacement
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 05:39:07 pm »

I can’t imagine they would replace the P20k now,  others who have it and sell it should comment, but the 11880 was around for a very long time. The P20k has excellent image quality, is fast, has auto switching of black channel, awesome longevity, etc, doesn’t it have the same head design?

I am trying to decide on which 44” to move to, so I had three people print neutral monochrome from the same file on different printers. It seemed to me there was no clear difference in image appearance between those two Epsons . The 9570 has the violet ink, but I think this is more for designers ability to hit all the Pantone hues. As far as I know people have not complained about paper feeding issues with the P20k like they have with new ones . There were some issues with the 20k when they first came out and Epson was working on them in peoples studios I hear. But that was resolved, like I’m sure the 9570 paper feeding will be.

I’d like to hear from people who have both in their studio.

John

OK IT Supplies (or anyone else with a Crystal Ball)

What are your thoughts on a Replacement for the Epson P20000 (like a 64" 9570)

How far out do you think a replacement may be? Given Epson have discontinued the P10000 and view the P9570 as it's replacement, it seems reasonable that something will come.

I'm just trying to decide if one should wait (if you need 60+ inches) maybe even get something used to tide you over.... or is things imminent?

arobinson7547

Re: Epson P20000 replacement
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 07:14:53 am »

deanwork,

I don't have reservations about its'  capabilities or quality; in fact, for the P20000, the update would add the new 'Sealed Printhead Environment'; I think Epson has realized keeping dust away from the Heads is the biggest  step in keeping the Heads functioning properly.

I just don't want to purchase and be the 'second' best thing; at least give me a few years.

Love it or hate it, if you want more that 44", P20000 and Imageprograf PRO 6100 are the only games in town.

I personally think the P9570 is the Holy Grail; come on; it's has it all.

I did hear that the 11880 had a 10 year run, so maybe the P20000 has another 2 or three years
Pages: [1]   Go Up