Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Of the Nikon Z9 and other new and upcoming gear  (Read 1081 times)

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
Compassion and wisdom are inextricably linked.

BradSmith

Re: Of the Nikon Z9 and other new and upcoming gear
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 01:52:26 pm »

Josh (....Editor??......),
Once again.........how about improving the readability and usefulness to your subscribers of Dan Wells' articles by doing what you said in January....
Suggestions noted for more concise and broken down pieces. .   Please add headings to the sections in his articles.  He doesn't seem to want to do it, so it looks like it is up to you.

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 08:07:54 am »

I'll ask Dan to consider segmenting the piece.

J
Compassion and wisdom are inextricably linked.

rosswaugh

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 05:30:39 am »

I have read Dan's latest article with interest. As a long time Pentax user with an extensive collection on lenses, I am very happy with the specs and functionality of the new Pentax K3 III DSLR, and will be purchasing one in the next few months. I am also happy Pentax are producing updated high quality camera bodies from time to time. I have had my current digital Pentax camera for 6 years, and it is time to upgrade.

I have used mirrorless camera's, but personally still enjoy the DSLR experience more. Given photography is my hobby, not my profession that is also a personal choice - using gear I enjoy.

I also own a Pentax film SLR, and enjoy being able to use the same lenses for both digital and film, without the need for adaptors. Manual focus only, but that is how I learned photography many years ago, so also adds to the fun. Of course you can also do this with Nikon F mount and Leica M mount.

I understand the relative place of the bigger photographic gear companies, but would suggest even in this contracting market of 4-5 million cameras per year there is still a place for Pentax producing DSLRs and Leica producing rangefinders. Niches can be highly profitable if managed well.

It is the total system investment, of which camera bodies are only one part, that determines purchasing choices and brand choices.

I think given the current marketplace we should be celebrating every camera and lens maker that exists, and it gives a wider variety, choice and innovation to customers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up