Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo card printer  (Read 284 times)

Benny Profane

Photo card printer
« on: April 02, 2021, 09:23:03 am »

Asking for a friend here. I am happy with my four year old Epson P800 for my needs, and have just casually checked out the market for other printers since I've owned this thing, just to sort of keep up. A friend who has an established card business wants advice as to which printer to buy to print quality photo cards. Of course, I'm biased towards mine or whatever similar product Epson is making these days, but I doubt she needs a 17 inch printer to start. Is there a printer that the collective recommends? Any of the major brands would do, although, again, I am biased towards Epson. Thanks.

mearussi

Re: Photo card printer
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 10:37:53 am »

What does your friend mean by "quality"?

Any of the decent 13" and 17" printers using either dye or pigment ink will produce high quality cards.

My inclination is to use the Canon Pro 200 primarily because of the review Keith gave it saying it produced better dmax on matte paper than pigment ink did, which is a first as dye ink usually produces very poor blacks on matte paper. Dye inks also look better on glossy paper than pigment inks do, and you don't need archival pigment inks for cards.

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/canon-pro-200-printer-review/
Pages: [1]   Go Up