Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Encounter  (Read 652 times)

Rajan Parrikar

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3950
    • Rajan Parrikar
Encounter
« on: March 29, 2021, 01:54:37 pm »

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Encounter
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 01:58:51 pm »

I'll bet he has other uses for that device besides beating off people who threaten him.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rajan Parrikar

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3950
    • Rajan Parrikar
Re: Encounter
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 05:17:45 am »

I'll bet he has other uses for that device besides beating off people who threaten him.

Indeed, I would hope the billhook is only used for non-human targets.

Bob_B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3747
  • It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
Re: Encounter
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 07:43:27 am »

That expression! Nice work Rajan.
Logged
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

Rajan Parrikar

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3950
    • Rajan Parrikar
Re: Encounter
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 06:23:50 am »

That expression! Nice work Rajan.

Thank you, Bob.

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Encounter
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 07:01:31 am »

He seems very serious and determined.
I like both but the portrait is wonderful.
Logged
Francois

Rajan Parrikar

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3950
    • Rajan Parrikar
Re: Encounter
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 12:45:18 pm »

He seems very serious and determined.
I like both but the portrait is wonderful.

The expression was candid and I caught it just as he turned around to see who was following him. He wasn't happy as he first thought I was an 'outsider' (a non-Goan). Once I greeted him in our language he broke into a smile and we had a good chat.

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Encounter
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 07:01:10 am »

…I was an 'outsider' (a non-Goan).…

What, you didn't have your sickle strapped to your waist?  ;D

Anyway, thanks for the always interesting in-context info!
Logged
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up