Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I safely remove the old C1 programs?  (Read 703 times)

narikin

Can I safely remove the old C1 programs?
« on: March 22, 2021, 09:20:26 pm »

I was doing some computer housekeeping and shocked to find I have 6 versions of it still installed:

Capture One 8.3, 9.3, 10.2, 11.3, 12.1, and 20

can I remove most of those, and just leave the latest?

separate but related question - can you skip a generation, if you don't want/ need to update, and wait till next iteration? or are you locked out of upgrade pricing if you do?

Thanks
(Widows 10)

Ray Harrison

Re: Can I safely remove the old C1 programs?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 10:58:30 pm »

I have never had a problem removing the older versions on a Mac, so assuming that to be true on Windows as well. I think the only thing is you may need to upgrade the render image (as usual) when opening images last opened on older versions.

As to the other question, in the past, I’ve been able to skip a version and get an upgrade price but it has been a while since I skipped a generation.

Remko

Re: Can I safely remove the old C1 programs?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 08:52:31 am »

I was doing some computer housekeeping and shocked to find I have 6 versions of it still installed:

Capture One 8.3, 9.3, 10.2, 11.3, 12.1, and 20

can I remove most of those, and just leave the latest?

separate but related question - can you skip a generation, if you don't want/ need to update, and wait till next iteration? or are you locked out of upgrade pricing if you do?

Thanks
(Widows 10)

Up until recently that was how it worked: you could easily skip one version without getting a financial penalty. So much has changed recently, and especially last year,  that I am not so sure yet how it is now.
The best thing you can do is asking Capture One about it by entering a support ticket and enter as type of request "Pre-Sales".

Here is the link: https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

cheers,
Remko
Pages: [1]   Go Up