Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lofoten Pano  (Read 395 times)

seanjkanderson

Lofoten Pano
« on: March 22, 2021, 06:00:00 pm »

I shot this pano in Lofoten in 2019. I'm generally not one for wide panos as they tend to encompass too much and not frame the important parts of a subject (at least when I shoot them). I'm curious to hear what others think on whether this works as is or can be improved with some cropping or other post.

Sean
Sean
Time is fleeting | Movement is essential

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Lofoten Pano
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 11:14:49 am »

It works nicely for me.
I tried cropping (using my hand to block part of the image) the right side and then the left, and I feel that everything you included is essential for the composition (which, I agree, is seldom true with horizontal panos.)

A fine image.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

sf

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 01:16:57 pm »

I think you could lose the lake on the right (which looks oddly as if it slopes downwards towards the left). Otherwise, I agree with Eric.

S

francois

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 01:36:16 pm »

As sf wrote just above, the right side is tilted. With that corrected, it would be a fantastic vista - no cropping needed.
Francois

seanjkanderson

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 01:07:33 am »

Thank you for these thoughts, Eric, S, and Francois.

As sf wrote just above, the right side is tilted. With that corrected, it would be a fantastic vista - no cropping needed.

For correcting "tilt" is the go-to tool in PS ``Edit > Transform > Warp``? That's what I've done here at least in this new edit. How well does this transform preserve detail and sharpness?

Cheers!
Sean

francois

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 08:10:30 am »

Thank you for these thoughts, Eric, S, and Francois.

For correcting "tilt" is the go-to tool in PS ``Edit > Transform > Warp``? That's what I've done here at least in this new edit. How well does this transform preserve detail and sharpness?

Cheers!

Much better, I don't feel seasick anymore and now, I'm able to focus in this shot. I love the "little lakes" in the middle of the image… There's some continuity here. Sharpness and details are good, no issue here (at least for me).
Panoramas are not easy but I like this one a lot.
Bravo
Francois

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 10:09:59 am »

I shot this pano in Lofoten in 2019. I'm generally not one for wide panos as they tend to encompass too much and not frame the important parts of a subject (at least when I shoot them). I'm curious to hear what others think on whether this works as is or can be improved with some cropping or other post.

Sean

I like it a lot. But, I tried cropping at the right to just remove the distant lake and it works better for me.

seanjkanderson

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 03:37:36 pm »

Much better, I don't feel seasick anymore and now, I'm able to focus in this shot. I love the "little lakes" in the middle of the image… There's some continuity here. Sharpness and details are good, no issue here (at least for me).
Panoramas are not easy but I like this one a lot.
Bravo

Thank you Francois! I'm glad it works for you and right now I'm liking it as well.

I like it a lot. But, I tried cropping at the right to just remove the distant lake and it works better for me.

I'm enjoying that lake right now, but I may do an edit without it as well. Thanks!
Sean
Pages: [1]   Go Up