Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3200 ink is the wrong color  (Read 585 times)

mfrohman

z3200 ink is the wrong color
« on: March 14, 2021, 06:18:00 pm »

I'm having a strange issue I've not see happen before on either of my z3200s. The yellow ink is printing a dark golden color instead of the bright yellow on my print diagnostic. I've swapped out yellow cartridges and it made no difference.

It seems maybe the printhead is mixing some of the magenta into the yellow? It's a fairly new printhead though with only 378 fired.

Any ideas if it's just a faulty printhead or is there something else I can try?
2 x HP Z3200, Canon 4100, Epson p-800

deanwork

Re: z3200 ink is the wrong color
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 09:33:13 am »

That’s exactly what it is, printhead mixing ink.

quote author=mfrohman link=topic=137894.msg1211851#msg1211851 date=1615760280]
I'm having a strange issue I've not see happen before on either of my z3200s. The yellow ink is printing a dark golden color instead of the bright yellow on my print diagnostic. I've swapped out yellow cartridges and it made no difference.

It seems maybe the printhead is mixing some of the magenta into the yellow? It's a fairly new printhead though with only 378 fired.

Any ideas if it's just a faulty printhead or is there something else I can try?
[/quote]

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 04:34:42 pm »

Yes a mix in the printhead; somehow here it always happens with Bl-Gr. Just discovered my green was a bit too blue...
Will be more difficult to see with Pk-lGr... the calibration prints are a good help discovering these issues. Always keep some good ones.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

SergeyT

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 11:29:42 pm »

If it keeps happening to the same colors printhead sometime after replacement then it is very likely that something is getting into contact with and damaging the head. It is a good idea to check( and maybe replace) the parking (?) station on the right or spittoon on the left .

SergeyT

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 08:15:13 am »

I somehow think it may have to do with different ink levels Blue and green.  With only a few ml ink green left and a full blue maybe there is a blue pressure on green...
The parking station seems ok _ i cleaned it some year ago and reinstalled all. could not see anything strange. And the Bl-Gr problem happened before and after.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

mfrohman

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 01:29:48 pm »

I replaced the printhead and it seemed to fix the issue so I guess it was just faulty. My yellow cartridge was pretty low so I'm curious about your ink level theory kers.

The printhead is still under warranty but getting HP to honor the warranty requires an hour on the phone with their tech people and wasting paper so will probably just order a new one.
2 x HP Z3200, Canon 4100, Epson p-800

deanwork

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2021, 02:03:01 pm »

That only happened to me once in all these years, last year, and I did an online chat with the sales person on the hp.com site where you order supplies and they overnighted me a new head then just gave me a place to return the old one.

quote author=mfrohman link=topic=137894.msg1212015#msg1212015 date=1615915788]
I replaced the printhead and it seemed to fix the issue so I guess it was just faulty. My yellow cartridge was pretty low so I'm curious about your ink level theory kers.

The printhead is still under warranty but getting HP to honor the warranty requires an hour on the phone with their tech people and wasting paper so will probably just order a new one.
[/quote]
Pages: [1]   Go Up