Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop Enhance not working  (Read 1128 times)

Daverich

Photoshop Enhance not working
« on: March 14, 2021, 01:40:05 pm »

I normally use Topaz GigaPixel for sizing my images but wanted to try the new Enhance feature in ACR. However, when I right click the image in ACR and choose Enhance I get the error message that a GPU that supports Metal is required. I use a 2020 Mac Mini and according to the Adobe FAQ, every Mini back to 2012 supports Metal. I also have an external RX580 GPU that I can use with my Mini but get the same error message. One thing I noticed while trying to troubleshoot this problem is that under Camera Raw Preferences/Performance it says that "Camera Raw graphics acceleration is not supported by your system." It says that whether I'm using the built in or external GPU. Is there some setting that I'm missing? My version of ACR is the current one, 13.2.738.

atiqursumon

• Image Background Removal Services
Re: Photoshop Enhance not working
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 09:40:46 pm »

Your system can allow simple or complete acceleration automatically. If your device supports simple acceleration automatically, you can allow complete acceleration by selecting Use GPU for custom image processing.  I hope you should get the answer here! https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html
Writer, and Clipping Path expert.

Daverich

Re: Photoshop Enhance not working
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 10:34:42 am »

Your system can allow simple or complete acceleration automatically. If your device supports simple acceleration automatically, you can allow complete acceleration by selecting Use GPU for custom image processing.  I hope you should get the answer here! https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Thanks for the link however, for some reason, Photoshop says my system doesn't support Graphics Acceleration. Don't know why, at some point in the past it used to. A check of the System says my GPU supports Metal so I'm not sure what the problem. Anyway, thanks for trying.

Pages: [1]   Go Up