Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon STUDIO NX  (Read 866 times)

greyscale

Nikon STUDIO NX
« on: March 08, 2021, 01:31:15 pm »

Nikon has released Nikon STUDIO NX software. Fast and free for NIKON cameras.

LINK: https://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Imaging-Software/nx-studio.page

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: Nikon STUDIO NX
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 06:29:02 am »

My first impression; Nikon is getting better with the software...at last...
It seems to works fast (GPU) and the highlight recovery and sharpening looks good.
As usual it is slow but precise showing adjustments in raw. I guess when zoomed in they work on the whole image to show you the tiny part you are looking at.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

marvpelkey

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 06:36:30 pm »

I have downloaded the app and given it a try (this was after I deleted NXD).

Although I like the look and layout, so far, I don't understand why they did away with the ability to undock the palettes. With NXD, I had it set up so I had all the palettes open on a second monitor and only the work area on the main monitor. Now, it appears that is not possible.

Also, I tried the Retouch Brush to judge it's capability compared to PS. Not even close to the quality of PS. And, to make matters worse, when I tried to exit the brush and go back to the hand cursor, a second Histogram was generated, which now sits in the top right corner of the image window, right beside the paletted one. I can't get rid of the thing, even if I close and re-open the program. If anyone has a suggestion....

Marv

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 05:52:15 am »

It will take Nikon ages to get to the level of Photoshop, I always see it as standby if i have a certain problem with raw conversion and like to try something else...
but they made progress in the UI. Since it is version 1.0 likely there will be improvements coming ...next years... and you still can use the old software.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: [1]   Go Up