Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPF 8300 Close Cover Error  (Read 463 times)

deanwork

IPF 8300 Close Cover Error
« on: March 06, 2021, 12:35:35 pm »

Hey I’m about to give up on my 8300 .  Canon won’t work on them anymore and parts are hard to come by.

I had a suction fan go out. A local tech guy replaced it. Then I kept getting the same error message. Manual said next step was to replace the main board . I found one guy who had a new main board for $750.00. Bought and replaced that. That wasn’t difficult. I was able to upload the initialization software to the printer and firmware easily from the downloads.

Now I get this close carriage door error. Others have had this error and couldn’t resolve it either. The lid is closed.

Anyway I doubt anyone here has had to deal with it but if you’ve heard anything simple I’d like to know.  Looks like it’s time to move on.

John
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 03:46:19 pm by deanwork »

arobinson7547

Re: IPF 8300 Close Cover Error
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 04:18:36 pm »

If when working on it, he didn't put the switch back.

Try putting a piece of cardboard/heavy paper in the whole where the switch is and see it it activates it.

There be two; you can always check the underside of the lid to look for the pieces that rest in the switch hole(s) and triggers the lid being closed.

deanwork

Re: IPF 8300 Close Cover Error
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 05:05:51 pm »

The fan he replaced  is easily accessible from the back, not the front. The cover was never removed . I replaced the main board from the back also. It’s very easy to get to by just removing one plate.

The upper cover lock switches were the first things I checked, holding them down.

It’s strange that the close cover error only appeared after I changed the board. I removed all the wires and the five ribbon cables and reinserted carefully three times. I know they are in the proper slots on the board because I took close up pictures of them all and marked each with tape which I numbered on both the old board and each wire.

I found the diagram where that cover sensor goes into the main board and double checked it.

It’s a mystery. After looking at all these millions of tiny plastic parts and circuits in the diagrams I’m shocked these things work at all, much less eight years of weekly use.

I’ve read online about other people having this error and it had nothing to do with the cover itself. I have no idea.

John

quote author=arobinson7547 link=topic=137847.msg1211014#msg1211014 date=1615065516]
If when working on it, he didn't put the switch back.

Try putting a piece of cardboard/heavy paper in the whole where the switch is and see it it activates it.

There be two; you can always check the underside of the lid to look for the pieces that rest in the switch hole(s) and triggers the lid being closed.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 07:28:14 pm by deanwork »
Pages: [1]   Go Up