Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Freezing Canon pro 1000  (Read 337 times)

lithprinter

Freezing Canon pro 1000
« on: March 06, 2021, 09:54:30 am »

My Canon pro 1000 printer keeps freezing every few days.

For example, I use the panel to do a nozzle check and the printer becomes unresponsive and none of the buttons work. I then cannot print at all. The panel is still lit, but I can't do anything. Sometimes when I print it freezes midway through printing and none of the buttons work. Again the panel is still showing that it is printing, but nothing is actually happening.

The only way I have found to fix this is to completely unplug it from the electricity supply. But then when it comes back on it dumps a huge amount of (very expensive) ink into the maintenance tank so this is not a great solution.

Does anyone know if there is way of resetting the printer without unplugging it? The power button and the cancel button on the printer also don't work when this happens, but the power button is still lit.

Thanks in advance.

rasworth

Re: Freezing Canon pro 1000
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 10:16:02 am »

To state the obvious, the primary problem is why is it freezing?  First thing I would eliminate as a cause is intermittent/faulty AC power, perhaps a faulty cord or bad outlet or something in the electrical system feeding the printer.  An easy way to check is use an UPS unit of sufficient capacity with a new cord.

If that doesn't reveal anything then time to make phone call to Canon.  Trying to find a "soft" reset won't solve the problem.

Richard Southworth

lithprinter

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 10:59:58 am »

Thanks I will try a different power supply.

mearussi

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 11:55:10 am »

If you haven't been using a UPS, voltage spikes can cause partial damage your circuit boards causing intermittent problems (until they finally go out altogether).

rasworth

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 02:41:43 pm »

Your printer is spec'd at 37 watts maximum.  A $50 UPS will handle that easily, investment is well worth peace of mind, as well as diagnostic for your present problem.

Richard Southworth
Pages: [1]   Go Up