Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson One-Time Service Plan  (Read 393 times)

Garnick

Epson One-Time Service Plan
« on: February 27, 2021, 11:35:41 am »

Hello all,

Just curious if any one has taken advantage of this Plan, and if so please offer an opinion.  I'm up against an issue with the P7000 that could be the Pump Cap Assembly or perhaps the Print Head. I've been in touch with a somewhat local business that is certified for servicing these printers, but wondering if the Epson approach might be the better option.  Although I do not yet know what kind of warranty the local business offers, it does seem that the Epson 90 day warranty is a bit thin.  If I were to go the Epson route and the part replaced is the Print head I could be out of luck if the Head dies just after 90 days. 

Any replies will be much appreciated.

Gary       
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Re: Epson One-Time Service Plan
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 12:39:14 pm »

No question the warranty is a little short.  I had a head replaced on my P8000 a while ago.  No issues so far.

https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=134659.0

Garnick

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 09:41:51 am »

Thanks for that Mike.  I checked your nozzle check image.  Mine is worse and at the bottom of the channel, so I expect it will come down to a new(er) print head.  And by the way, are you past the warranty yet.  If so, is all going well?
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 05:59:04 pm »

Mine got worse and worse ending up with about 3 rows missing I think, 2 down at the bottom.  Initially the prints I was making seemed OK but they eventually showed banding and I pulled the trigger on the service.

Yes, well past warranty and all is OK.  I was initially testing every day after the service and found a missing spot or 2 in random colours about twice I week as far as I recall.  A single clean always cleared them but I was worried.  Eventually (several months I think) they cleared up and I rarely now see a need for a clean. 

BTW I run either the 14 balls test pattern or a Qimage auto-exercise every day that the printer is idle (and have done that since the service) so the missing spots I was getting after the service were not due to long periods of no use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up