Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marks on prints from my new Z9+ 24"????  (Read 512 times)

northerngal

• Just a typical Alaskan....
Marks on prints from my new Z9+ 24"????
« on: February 25, 2021, 12:20:19 am »

This is that Z9+ that I got in December:  I have not had a chance to do a whole lot of printing on it, but the few prints I have made are sure pretty!
But, it is making these marks that I guess are from the wheels/rollers. At least, I THOUGHT that's what they are from, until I printed on a13x19 sheet of satin paper, and got different marks.
- Originally, I was printing on satin roll paper (an old roll of HP Premium+ Satin that I had left over from the DJ 130 printer) and while it seemed to be making marks most of the time, I printed a 16x20 that had no marks of any kind, and is absolutely beautiful.
- On that satin roll paper, if you are looking at the print and the paper is 24" wide in front of you, there are what look like intermittent roller/wheel marks going vertically, at 6", 12" and 17.25" from the left paper edge.  Of the dozen of so prints I made with this paper, most of them have these marks.
However, on some of the prints on the satin roll paper, there are also marks, like banding marks, ie 3 or 4 horizontal faint lines that start in the upper left corner of the print, and fade away going to the right.
- I made several prints on sheet satin (same HP Premium+ Satin, but 13x19 sheet), and on 1 of those, I got no roller/wheel marks, but I did get those banding type of marks.
- It has NOT made any marks on the images I have printed on matte sheet paper.
- I just made a couple of prints on the sheet satin, and they came out perfectly, no marks at all.

Am I doing something wrong?   I do not yet have the Gloss Enhancer kit.
Is this from using old roll paper, and does not having the gloss enhancer affect any of this?

I have some new paper on the way, but it's lost somewhere in FedEx's system after all the bad weather and their computer system problem.
Do I need to get HP Support on the phone?  I can't find anything specifically about the roller/wheel marks in the service manual.  I did run the Paper Advance Calibration.

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: Marks on prints from my new Z9+ 24"????
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 03:46:57 am »

Please provide some photos...
Probably you can lift the pinch wheels up while printing; to prevent rollermarks.
Did you calibrate the paper advance? that could prevent certain types of banding...
I have no Z9 so i do not know exactly how...
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 05:36:54 am »

It's a brand new printer.  Definitely get HP involved.  And it's good (?) that it's happening on HP paper as they cannot lay the blame on another paper manufacturer.

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 10:18:26 am »

Definitely call HP support. My suggestion is to work very carefully with them, even though it's a pain.
They should be able to sort it out asap. Once they do, you'll love it.
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

northerngal

• Just a typical Alaskan....
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 03:19:53 pm »

Thanks, everyone.  I will get in touch with HP.
I will also post some pics when I get a chance, so people can see what these marks look like.
Pages: [1]   Go Up