Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever happened to the Canon Photo Culling plugin?  (Read 853 times)

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
Whatever happened to the Canon Photo Culling plugin?
« on: February 22, 2021, 11:32:25 am »

I was cleaning up my office, throwing away papers, brochures that had accumulated into a mini Mt. Everest, I came across a simple card from Canon. It said "Photo Culling (beta). Simplify Workflow. Save Time". Wow. I could use that. I think the card was from the 2019 PhotoExpo because I found press releases from January 2020 online. It was supposed to be a plugin for Lightroom. It's nowhere to be found on the Adobe Exchange Marketplace. There IS a Canon iOS Photo Culling app now. But, who cares? I use my iPhone to snap shots of my kids while we bike or ski, or shots around my farm (like today with it snowing). The adage, "the best camera is the one you have with you" is true. But, honestly, the plugin Canon was developing is more suited to my work in Lightroom, not for my casual snaps.

Anyone heard of this and anyone know what might have happened? (As a twist on "sh*t happens", I guess this year its "COVID happens.")

jrsforums

Re: Whatever happened to the Canon Photo Culling plugin?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 11:43:29 am »

If Lightroom is not fast enough for you, I suggest trying ‘FastRawViewer’ https://www.fastrawviewer.com/

Suggest reading their info on using with LR to ensure metadata updating.
John

nemophoto

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 09:15:02 pm »

I use Photo Mechanic and FastStone Image viewer for quick editing. For most jobs I refer not to import hundreds of gigs into LR. However, the AI aspect of Photo Culling sounded interesting.

Steve_777

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 09:31:30 pm »

Have you tried looking in the Apple Apps store?

nemophoto

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 10:13:36 pm »

Have you tried looking in the Apple Apps store?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm on Windows.
Pages: [1]   Go Up