Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After the rare rain  (Read 921 times)

seanjkanderson

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
After the rare rain
« on: February 19, 2021, 06:37:39 pm »

Hi everyone! I'm new here and figured I'd post an image to say hello. I've recently been trying to improve my post-processing and am currently reading Schewe's The Digital Negative. Certainly open to comments and critiques! Cheers!

This was shot in Death Valley one year ago after some heavy rain. This mist/fog the next morning was something impressive.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 07:05:18 pm by seanjkanderson »
Logged
Sean
Time is fleeting | Movement is essential

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: After the rare rain
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 06:54:52 pm »

Welcome to the Forum, Sean.

That's a fascinating image. My one time in Death Valley the day temperatures were in the low 70s, and there were just a few clouds now and then.
That looks like serious atmosphere. Nice catch.

-Eric
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

seanjkanderson

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
Re: After the rare rain
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 07:10:19 pm »

Welcome to the Forum, Sean.

That's a fascinating image. My one time in Death Valley the day temperatures were in the low 70s, and there were just a few clouds now and then.
That looks like serious atmosphere. Nice catch.

-Eric

Thank you Eric!

I think I fixed the upload now to a better resolution as it was a bit blurry before.

That was my one time in Death Valley as well. My father, who has been many a time, said that's the only time he's ever seen that fog. It sure rained out the previous day of shooting though haha.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 07:53:42 pm by seanjkanderson »
Logged
Sean
Time is fleeting | Movement is essential

Bob_B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3747
  • It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
Re: After the rare rain
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 08:00:43 am »

Welcome. Very enjoyable photo. I hope to see many more from you.
Logged
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: After the rare rain
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 09:01:09 am »

Welcome… Stunning shot with superb & elegant lines/shapes!
Logged
Francois

seanjkanderson

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
Re: After the rare rain
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2021, 07:52:04 pm »

Welcome. Very enjoyable photo. I hope to see many more from you.

Thank you, Bob! I'm reprocessing a number of my images recently so I'll try to keep sharing:)

Welcome… Stunning shot with superb & elegant lines/shapes!

Thank you, Francois!
Logged
Sean
Time is fleeting | Movement is essential

Paulo Bizarro

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7522
    • http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: After the rare rain
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 05:11:09 am »

Wonderful photo.

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: After the rare rain
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 12:05:24 pm »

Nice. Almost looks like a snowscape.
Logged
-MattB

seanjkanderson

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
Re: After the rare rain
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 08:19:57 pm »

Wonderful photo.

Thanks Paulo!

Nice. Almost looks like a snowscape.

Thanks Matt. It was almost cold enough that day I think.
Logged
Sean
Time is fleeting | Movement is essential
Pages: [1]   Go Up