Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One w/ Hasselblad Zeiss CF Lenses - IDEAS?  (Read 750 times)

Balafre

Phase One w/ Hasselblad Zeiss CF Lenses - IDEAS?
« on: February 09, 2021, 04:04:12 pm »

SALUT!

Greetings All,

Please, does anyone have any firm information on the performance of either or both of the Hasselblad Zeiss CF 60mm f3.5 or CF 50 mm f4 on a Phase One 645 system or better? (specifically, I run a P1 XF w/IQ3 100, and already have the HB adapter - praise be to Steve Hendriks at Capture Integration)

Mainly concerned with image issues, field flatness and overall resolution. Aware there'll be some cropping of the 6x6 image circle.
Used to have both and they were really nice, and I'm yearning to find something (positive!) that the current crop of Schneider BR's don't do.

All thoughts gratefully appreciated.

:) Take Care, Stay Well

chrismuc

Re: Phase One w/ Hasselblad Zeiss CF Lenses - IDEAS?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 08:03:03 am »

I use various Hasselblad Zeiss lenses via adapter on my Contax 645 (or Alpa FPS) + IQ 180.
I can recommend the following lenses, they all work well at 5.2um sensor resolution.
CF 50f4 FLE
CF 100f3.5
FE 150f2.8
CF 180f4
CFE 350f5.6 SA

Balafre

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 01:50:06 pm »

THANK YOU ! If and only if it's not an imposition upon you, would you be able please to post something off the CFE 50 mm?

chrismuc

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 08:24:53 pm »

Hi Bala, I sent you a pm with a link. Chris

Balafre

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 10:15:32 pm »

Really nice to look at thank you Chris - they sparkle :)
I know the 180 was brilliant at subject isolation (and peering into shadows!) - have you tried this with the 50?

chrismuc

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 11:02:16 pm »

Thx! I use the CF 50 mainly with shift for architecture at f8-f11, so less subject isolation.
And honestly, for anything else I use the GFX with the GF prime lenses, they perform so damn well, from open aperture, the images have so much ‘pop’ when opening on the computer.

Balafre

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2021, 03:46:04 pm »

Yes it's exciting when that happens - when the lens contributes something extra that's always an enhancement. The Blad 905 SWC used to do that - it was always a joy to look at the trannies on a lightbox - some extra element of magic was always there.
The Schneider BR 35 mm is pretty special too, being technically extraordinary edge to edge, but is unwieldy by comparison - hand-holding it at low ISO and expecting it to perform 100% is not its forté, unlike the 905 which was minimalism perfected - although I will concede that the 903 Biogon lens with added arsenic (!) was brighter in the corners! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up