Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Albert Theuwissen on deep trench image sensors  (Read 895 times)

kers

• Pieter Kers
Albert Theuwissen on deep trench image sensors
« on: February 09, 2021, 08:41:42 am »

Albert Theuwissen is explaining the basics behind the images sensors we use today in our latest mobile phones and camera's.

The sensors get more and more complicated while getting smaller.
One basic technique that has become a standard is to isolate the sensors with deep trenches.
to put the deepness in perspective ; think of a trench of 20cm wide and 40.000km deep...

http://image-sensors-world.blogspot.com/2021/02/albert-theuwissen-delivers-keynote-at.html
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

TechTalk

Re: Albert Theuwissen on deep trench image sensors
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 02:52:32 pm »

Thanks for posting this! I enjoyed the extremely informative presentation. An hour well spent.

I immediately recognized the name. Dr. Theuwissen was head of Philips image sensor division when their 6-megapixel sensor became the standard sensor in all of the digital backs of the time (1999). It was the sensor used in the first Phase One LightPhase digital back, Leaf Volare and Cantare XY, Sinar Sinarback 23HR, and others. It was a great improvement compared to the 4-megapixel sensors that I had used previously.

http://www.epi-centre.com/reports/The Leaf Volare and Cantare digital camera backs

After watching this presentation, I look forward to watching more of Dr. Theuwissen's video presentations that are online.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 02:55:59 pm by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 03:37:21 pm »

And if i understand correctly, it is Samsung who is at the forefront at the moment, not Sony.
We will see what will come...
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

TechTalk

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 04:05:38 pm »

There was so much information packed into his presentation beyond deep trench technologies. He discussed technology advances in global shutter, HDR capture, and at the very end of the Q&A stacked sensor arrays, and more. Again, thanks for your post!
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future
Pages: [1]   Go Up