Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More "go with the flow"  (Read 600 times)

KMRennie

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 988
More "go with the flow"
« on: February 04, 2021, 07:40:24 am »

Another 2 monochromes from my collection of hundreds of waterfalls. I am experimenting with bringing out the texture of the water and reducing the background to a minimum. One the things that I do when I can't get out and photograph. (The top falls from Inversnaid and the other is a small no name waterfall in Glen Lyon, both in Scotland) Ken
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 07:52:40 am by KMRennie »
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: More "go with the flow"
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 09:24:02 am »

Both are beautiful and well-executed.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
Re: More "go with the flow"
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 12:49:42 pm »

I am experimenting with bringing out the texture of the water and reducing the background to a minimum.

Good idea, Ken. I might steal, er, adapt it to some of mine. Not sure they'll look as good, though.

Jeremy
Logged

KMRennie

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 988
Re: More "go with the flow"
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 05:15:27 pm »

Good idea, Ken. I might steal, er, adapt it to some of mine. Not sure they'll look as good, though.

Jeremy
“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" but I have probably "adapted" someone elses work to arrive at this. Ken
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 06:43:28 pm by KMRennie »
Logged

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: More "go with the flow"
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 07:32:12 am »

Really top-notch images. B&W processing is perfect and simplifies/cleans the subject and the result is very powerful.
Logged
Francois

stamper

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5882
Re: More "go with the flow"
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 07:49:20 am »

First class processing

Paulo Bizarro

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7522
    • http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: More "go with the flow"
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2021, 10:45:33 am »

Nice photos. I really like #2, with the little curve in the water flow at the top.

sdwilsonsct

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3312
Re: More "go with the flow"
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2021, 01:39:15 pm »

Nice photos. I really like #2, with the little curve in the water flow at the top.

Me too. Nice approach. Who needs context? The water's the thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up