Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new Schneider 80mm f/2.8 Mk II Lens coming for XF  (Read 849 times)

wagabundo

new Schneider 80mm f/2.8 Mk II Lens coming for XF
« on: February 03, 2021, 06:33:31 pm »

Does anybody tried new 80mm f/2.8 Mk II for XF or tested wide open 2.8 ? I found only one review, but I'm not convinced at all..

Balafre

Re: new Schneider 80mm f/2.8 Mk II Lens coming for XF
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 10:13:28 pm »

Yes, it's been out for months and there's a distinct absence of independent information on this, even now.
I think the 55mm was/is a bigger liability to the system than the 80 mm mk1 and a fast optically correct 55mm that allows subject isolation would be far more valuable.
Sadly my experience is that the German word for 'deaf' is 'Schneider"...!

Smoothjazz

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 11:24:43 pm »

Over on GetDPI forum Steve Hendrix from Capture Integration did a short review of this lens.
He was very impressed with the sharpness.

John

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 04:23:44 pm »

The thing is, the MkI isn’t bad (I know CA is pretty high), the price is really high and I believe that most P1 users already have better lenses around it. As far as I am concerned the 80mm is my least used lens.

At this point I would rather spend this amount of money on a Sony a1 or the upcoming Nikon Z9. They will deliver far more value per US$.

But I don’t think that mki users are necessarily the target. It’s still nice to see that P1 continues to work on the lenses and new entrants in the system will certainly benefit from a higher quality 80mm.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 04:28:43 pm by BernardLanguillier »
Pages: [1]   Go Up