Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IpF 8300 Main Board  (Read 273 times)

deanwork

IpF 8300 Main Board
« on: February 02, 2021, 11:05:20 am »

Does anyone know where I can find a used main board for an 8300? I found
a new one for $750.00 which is a gamble.

I found a video  for removing and replacing  one and they are easy to get to.
I really hate to throw away this great machine.  I put an 8400 fan in it which is supposed to be the same part with a different serial #. When my suction fan went out it heated up and damaged the board, it seems. I replaced the fan but that didn’t solve it. Talked to someone who had the same issue and it’s gotta be the main board? Maybe...

John
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 01:26:35 pm by deanwork »

dpirazzi

Re: IpF 8300 Main Board
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 04:25:41 pm »

Buy a used 8300 for parts?

Perhaps too much trouble, but someone just drove 250 miles to pick up my 8300 with stubborn yellow channel problems. I put it on ebay with a min bid of $150, and he was the only bidder. His plan was to try to get my 8300 working with parts from his non-working 8300. I wished him luck.

I had 8 mostly good years of printing with my 8300, but it does seem like these Canon printers are fairly intolerant of hardware failures. In this age where fault tolerant design is well understood, failing hardware components should never take other components down too.

Good Luck John, I'm hoping you get your printer working.

deanwork

Re: IpF 8300 Main Board
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 05:34:44 pm »

Yea, I’ve had mine for 10 or eleven years and out of the 11 large format printers I’ve had in the last 20 years it has been by far the most consistently reliable and will print on anything.

The working ones on eBay are selling for a lot, but who would ship something that heavy and discontinued?

I’ll have to decide whether to buy the main board for $700.00 after paying 480 for the fan which I should have put in myself as it was so easy and put it in myself ( not difficult) , or  buy a 9570
and keep it in warranty for 4 years. I’m not going to have a parts machine shipped here and hire 3 or 4 guys to help me move it. It’s not logical to keep it going forever. Maybe I’m sentimental but even that has its limits. Certainly not going to buy another set of heads a year from now. I just hate throwing things away .
I might just give it away if someone will haul it away. It’s so damn heavy and other parts will not be available.

Really the only smart thing would be to put in a used board that someone didn’t need and get another year out of it but that would be unlikely to find.

Jihn

Buy a used 8300 for parts?

Perhaps too much trouble, but someone just drove 250 miles to pick up my 8300 with stubborn yellow channel problems. I put it on ebay with a min bid of $150, and he was the only bidder. His plan was to try to get my 8300 working with parts from his non-working 8300. I wished him luck.

I had 8 mostly good years of printing with my 8300, but it does seem like these Canon printers are fairly intolerant of hardware failures. In this age where fault tolerant design is well understood, failing hardware components should never take other components down too.

Good Luck John, I'm hoping you get your printer working.
Pages: [1]   Go Up