The December holiday season wreaked havoc with data collection, judging by the wild swings in daily US deaths from Covid on Worldometer. But the 7-day moving avg of daily deaths has stayed steady at above 1000 per day. That's a lot. The US death toll should reach 850,000 soon.
We have not changed our living habits, still maintaining distance and not socializing, wearing masks in public, etc. I don't pay much attention to pro sports but I found out yesterday that the NFL and NHL (I think) are allowing full stadiums this season. That might be a mistake.
Ontario has just moved back into Stage 2 Covid opening, which closes restaurants for indoor service and also closes many other venues, including schools for the next 2 weeks at least.
The neighbour of a friend near Hamilton, Ontario, told my friend that there are more hospitalizations due to vaccinations than due to Covid. Where must he be getting his information to believe something that crazy.