Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 153   Go Down

Author Topic: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine  (Read 107070 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine
« Reply #620 on: March 27, 2021, 08:51:53 am »

Enough said:

jeremyrh

« Reply #621 on: March 27, 2021, 09:23:52 am »

Enough said

James Clark

« Reply #622 on: March 27, 2021, 10:15:56 am »

Enough said:

Clearly unequivocal proof that MASKS CAUSE COVID.

Also, going on boats causes summer, and falling leaves causes snow.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 10:19:04 am by James Clark »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #623 on: March 27, 2021, 10:51:44 am »

Clearly unequivocal proof that MASKS CAUSE COVID.

Also, going on boats causes summer, and falling leaves causes snow.

You are smarter than that, buddy  ;)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #624 on: March 27, 2021, 01:37:29 pm »

Enough said:

The reason that Czechia had a remarkably low covid counts in the initial phase, was due to mandatory masks and border closings. In March 2020, Czechia and Slovakia were the only two EU countries which made mask wearing mandatory.

In May 2020, the mask wearing and travel restrictions in Czechia were relaxed and the infection count started to slowly rise. In September 2020, the numbers started to rise more rapidly and mask wearing was ordered again. 

The three peaks in the second chart coincide with Summer Travel, Christmas, and Carnival (mid February) events.

James Clark

« Reply #625 on: March 27, 2021, 01:43:43 pm »

You are smarter than that, buddy  ;)

I was until I started arguing politics with you goofballs on LuLa ;)

TechTalk

« Reply #626 on: March 27, 2021, 02:38:59 pm »

Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #627 on: March 27, 2021, 09:25:36 pm »

== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #628 on: March 30, 2021, 08:30:51 am »

1 dose of Moderna, Pfizer vaccines effective against COVID-19. 'Get the second dose,' experts say.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/1-dose-moderna-pfizer-vaccines-effective-covid-19-get-second-dose-experts-192823135.html

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #629 on: March 30, 2021, 08:32:44 am »

She doesn't provide much confidence as a CDC director.  "I'm scared,"  she says.

Covid-19: CDC head warns of 'impending doom' in US
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56572452

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #630 on: March 30, 2021, 08:57:09 am »

She doesn't provide much confidence as a CDC director.  "I'm scared,"  she says.

Covid-19: CDC head warns of 'impending doom' in US
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56572452

How can any doom happen under St. Biden and Virgin Harris watch?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #631 on: March 31, 2021, 10:21:37 am »

Meanwhile, the CDC director says:

CDC Director: Vaccinated People Don't Carry Virus, Don't Get Sick
People who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are not carriers of the virus and don't have symptoms from the disease, according to a new study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"Our data from the CDC today suggest that vaccinated people do not carry the virus, don’t get sick," CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said Monday on MSNBC's "The Rachel Maddow Show."

"And that it’s not just in the clinical trials, but it’s also in real-world data," she said.

TechTalk

« Reply #632 on: March 31, 2021, 10:44:01 am »

No link provided, but there is this article...

https://www.businessinsider.com/cdc-director-data-vaccinated-people-do-not-carry-covid-19-2021-3

During an MSNBC interview with Rachel Maddow on Monday, Walensky said: "Our data from the CDC today suggests that vaccinated people do not carry the virus, don't get sick, and that it's not just in the clinical trials, but it's also in real-world data."

Walensky was referring to a new CDC study of nearly 4,000 frontline workers, some vaccinated and some not, who tested themselves weekly for COVID-19 infections between December and March.

Among fully vaccinated people in the study, there were only three "breakthrough" COVID-19 infections detected. In stark contrast, unvaccinated participants in the study logged 161 COVID-19 cases.

This is a great sign, because it means that vaccinated people likely protect those around them from catching the coronavirus very, very well.

But, more data is still needed to say so definitively, which is why researchers are currently recruiting thousands of college students across the country to find out more about the likelihood of asymptomatic spread of this virus among vaccinated people.

"We hope that within the next five or so months we'll be able to answer the very important question about whether vaccinated people get infected asymptomatically, and if they do, do they transmit the infection to others," Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious-disease expert, said at a White House COVID-19 task force briefing on Friday.

On MSNBC, Walensky also spoke about the challenges ahead for the country to exit the pandemic.

New, more transmissible virus variants are spreading fast, at a time when a majority of younger US adults have not been vaccinated quite yet. Walensky shared her fears about a forth surge on the horizon this spring.

"We've done so well in vaccinating the more senior members of our society that deaths might not be what we would expect with prior surges. It's also the case, though, that, you know, if we don't see those number of deaths, the deaths that we're going to see is among younger people," Walensky told Maddow. "Obviously, we don't want to see those either."
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #633 on: March 31, 2021, 10:46:11 am »

People who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are not carriers of the virus and don't have symptoms from the disease, according to a new study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"Our data from the CDC today suggest that vaccinated people do not carry the virus, don’t get sick," CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said Monday on MSNBC's "The Rachel Maddow Show."

"And that it’s not just in the clinical trials, but it’s also in real-world data," she said.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/ny-woman-contracts-coronavirus-month-after-covid-19-vaccination-report-says

degrub

« Reply #634 on: March 31, 2021, 10:59:10 am »

https://www.foxnews.com/health/ny-woman-contracts-coronavirus-month-after-covid-19-vaccination-report-says

What is missing is the inoculation status of all of the family members and others she was around within the last 4-5 days or even a week.
This appears to be about getting the infection after inoculation rather than spreading the virus after inoculation.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #635 on: March 31, 2021, 11:18:31 am »

I forgot to add the link to my original post as I normally do.  This is it. It's from Newsmax, but basically, the same story others have linked to in other articles.
https://www.newsmax.com/us/cdc-vaccinated-immunity/2021/03/30/id/1015768/

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #636 on: March 31, 2021, 11:27:42 am »

What is missing is the inoculation status of all of the family members and others she was around within the last 4-5 days or even a week.
This appears to be about getting the infection after inoculation rather than spreading the virus after inoculation.
The article says she only got a mild bout of the virus.  That's what the "experts" are saying.  That even if you get the virus, it's like a common cold.  You don't need the ICU and you don't die.  So the vaccine is really a great thing for the small percentage of people who will get Covid despite getting their shots. 

Also, your comment is erroneous that she passed the infection along to others or can be passed along even if you had the vaccine is not confirmed in the article.  In fact, only she said that with out proof or knowledge that she passed it to anyone else.  Could you copy here where in the article it says says anyone else got the disease from her? 

degrub

« Reply #637 on: March 31, 2021, 09:03:49 pm »

What i apparently was not clear about in my comment about inoculation status was where/who  she was infected by. As written in the article, it implied that other members of the funeral party that she was in contact with were the source of her infection as they tested positive for having been infected at some time.
It would be equally likely that she was infected elsewhere since this is transmitted by air.

I was responding to earlier posts that seemed to be using this example somehow to show that if one had been vaccinated one could infect others.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #638 on: March 31, 2021, 10:31:14 pm »

What i apparently was not clear about in my comment about inoculation status was where/who  she was infected by. As written in the article, it implied that other members of the funeral party that she was in contact with were the source of her infection as they tested positive for having been infected at some time.
It would be equally likely that she was infected elsewhere since this is transmitted by air.

I was responding to earlier posts that seemed to be using this example somehow to show that if one had been vaccinated one could infect others.
Just to be clear to other readers.  There's nothing in the article that indicated that someone who was vaccinated passed the virus to someone else or could do this.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #639 on: April 01, 2021, 06:08:42 am »

Just to be clear to other readers.  There's nothing in the article that indicated that someone who was vaccinated passed the virus to someone else or could do this.

Which, of course, is a very real possibility. Being vaccinated doesn't prevent you from being infected, it just mitigates the consequences. If you are infected, you can pass it on as well.

The benefit of vaccination is that, supposedly, a vaccine-induced immune reaction would be faster and more potent, thus killing more viruses quicker. As a result, even if you infect others, it would be with a smaller viral load. Not unlike if you are asymptomatic.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 153   Go Up