Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 153   Go Down

Author Topic: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine  (Read 107040 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine
« Reply #560 on: March 23, 2021, 03:10:16 pm »

Yeah! Putin and his pals are comedy gold! I mean, their efforts to undermine democracy in the U.S. and Europe—HeeHee! And when they put their critics in prison or assassinate them—HoHoHo! Invading their neighbors causing death and destruction—HaHaHa! Just looking at how Putin and his corrupt, criminal, comedic, cronies steal the resources and wealth in their country and launder the money all over the world is always good for at least a chuckle or two.

Putin probably polished his comedic talents when he was in the KGB. I hear he used to crack up the Stasi in East Germany with his jokes! I'm sure that he'll give you plenty of laughs and giggles into the foreseeable future! It's nice to know that his attempt to undermine the health and safety of Americans, by spreading propaganda about vaccines, has brought a smile to your face. Thanks for teaching us how to laugh about it!
I seem to recall clearly how many democrats for political reasons before the election put down "Trump's vaccine" telling the world how they wouldn't take it.  Were the Democrats colluding with the Russians? 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #561 on: March 23, 2021, 03:41:13 pm »

Is this Russian propaganda?

‘I was sort of stunned’: Fauci and U.S. officials say AstraZeneca released ‘outdated information’ from Covid-19 vaccine trial
U.S. health officials raised concerns early Tuesday that positive results that AstraZeneca announced Monday for its Covid-19 vaccine may have been based on “an incomplete view of the efficacy data” from a clinical trial and relied on “outdated information,” throwing another curveball in the saga of the company’s vaccine.
https://www.statnews.com/2021/03/23/astrazeneca-may-have-used-outdated-information-in-announcing-covid19-vaccine-results/

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #562 on: March 23, 2021, 03:47:50 pm »

Trump was ahead of this time.

Israel and New Zealand Permit Sale of SaNOtize’s Breakthrough Anti-Viral Nasal Spray
“The product we have developed, which kills viruses in the upper nasal pathways, will be delivered via a nasal spray bottle that contains a month’s supply for an individual,” said Dr. Gilly Regev, the Israeli CEO and co-founder of SaNOtize. “We look forward to updating the public in Israel and New Zealand with details on when Enovid will hit store shelves.”

Last week, SaNOtize and Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in Surrey, UK announced results of clinical trials indicating that NONS represents a safe and effective antiviral treatment that could prevent the transmission of COVID-19, shorten its course, and reduce the severity of symptoms and damage in those already infected. The study has been submitted to a leading medical journal for review and publication.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210322005226/en/Israel-and-New-Zealand-Permit-Sale-of-SaNOtize%E2%80%99s-Breakthrough-Anti-Viral-Nasal-Spray

TechTalk

« Reply #563 on: March 23, 2021, 04:14:34 pm »

Is this Russian propaganda?

It's just the opposite. It's transparency, but you knew that already in making the false equivalence.

"Asked why NIAID released its unusual statement, Fauci said, “We just felt we could not remain silent. Because if we did remain silent, we could be understandably accused of covering something up. And we definitely didn’t want to be in that position.”

He added: “In my mind, it’s an unforced error by the company.”

"Fauci said on “Good Morning America” Tuesday the frustration was that “this is very likely a very good vaccine” and that he hoped people would understand the DSMB concerns were an example of one of the many guardrails ensuring the quality of the vaccine development process."

“If you look at it, the data really are quite good, but when they put it into the press release, it wasn’t completely accurate,” Fauci said. “We have to keep essentially trying as hard as we can to get people to understand there are safeguards in place.”
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #564 on: March 23, 2021, 04:34:43 pm »

It's just the opposite. It's transparency...

;D ;D ;D

Oh, man, what's your real name, Spin Doctor?

But if the same info came attributed to, say, anonymous sources instead of Dr. Fauxi, it would have been labeled "Russian propaganda," right?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #565 on: March 23, 2021, 04:37:05 pm »

Yeah! Putin and his pals are comedy gold! I mean, their efforts to undermine democracy in the U.S. and Europe—HeeHee! And when they put their critics in prison or assassinate them—HoHoHo! Invading their neighbors causing death and destruction—HaHaHa! Just looking at how Putin and his corrupt, criminal, comedic, cronies steal the resources and wealth in their country and launder the money all over the world is always good for at least a chuckle or two.

Putin probably polished his comedic talents when he was in the KGB. I hear he used to crack up the Stasi in East Germany with his jokes! I'm sure that he'll give you plenty of laughs and giggles into the foreseeable future! It's nice to know that his attempt to undermine the health and safety of Americans, by spreading propaganda about vaccines, has brought a smile to your face. Thanks for teaching us how to laugh about it!

;D ;D ;D

Have you tried a career in stand up?

TechTalk

« Reply #566 on: March 23, 2021, 05:27:25 pm »

I seem to recall clearly how many democrats for political reasons before the election put down "Trump's vaccine" telling the world how they wouldn't take it.

Your clear recollection is faulty. In September, Trump made repeated claims that a vaccine could be available before the election. “We think we can start some time in October. So as soon as it’s announced we’ll be able to start. That will be from mid-October on. It may be a little bit later than that. The vaccine could be distributed starting in October or November, I don’t think it’s going to be too much later than that.”

Trump went further by contradicting the CDC director's timeline of limited quantities of vaccine starting in November or December. “I think he made a mistake when he said that. It’s just incorrect information and I called him and he didn’t tell me that and I think he got the message maybe confused, maybe it was stated incorrectly,” “We’re ready to go immediately as the vaccine is announced and it could be announced in October, it could be announced a little bit after October but once we go we’re ready.”

Following those remarks a number of people pushed back, including Democrats, saying that they trusted what the scientists at CDC and FDA said regarding vaccine development and whether vaccines could be distributed before election day, but not Trump's estimates. Biden said that he trusted vaccines and he trusted scientists but he didn't trust Donald Trump. It was Trump's word they said they wouldn't take NOT the vaccines authorized by the scientists tasked with approving them. Your clear recollection is misleading you and your statements.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/16/trump-says-he-thinks-us-could-start-distributing-a-coronavirus-vaccine-in-october

TechTalk

« Reply #567 on: March 23, 2021, 05:32:27 pm »

;D ;D ;D

Oh, man, what's your real name, Spin Doctor?

Just quoting from Alan's link to provide fuller context to the remarks he cited.

But if the same info came attributed to, say, anonymous sources instead of Dr. Fauxi, it would have been labeled "Russian propaganda," right?

Oh! Heaven forbid that anyone would think that Putin engages in activities harmful to democracy or human lives!

;D ;D ;D

Have you tried a career in stand up?

I don't think that anyone could make a career out of the material that you find funny. Not many people would find it so amusing.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 05:39:11 pm by TechTalk »

jeremyrh

« Reply #568 on: March 23, 2021, 05:52:56 pm »

I seem to recall clearly how many democrats for political reasons before the election put down "Trump's vaccine" telling the world how they wouldn't take it.  Were the Democrats colluding with the Russians?

I seem to remember you claiming this before and failing to substantiate it when you were challenged. Got any more this time around?

TechTalk

« Reply #569 on: March 23, 2021, 06:11:50 pm »

Your article confirmed my guess.

Oh, naturally!

It is because different manufacturers are competing with each other.  Not much different than the misinformation you read in photography forums about Nikon vs. Canon vs Leica vs Sony, each highlighting or downright lying about the other's camera's problems. 

Except misinformation about cameras doesn't affect the health and safety of the people that read and share it with others. Other than that, "Not much different" perhaps.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 06:35:01 pm by TechTalk »

TechTalk

« Reply #570 on: March 23, 2021, 06:33:20 pm »

The article didn't say what the disinformation was.  It could have just been typical competitive arguments whose products are better just like American advertisers do....

So you associate propaganda designed to spread doubt about the safety and efficacy of vaccines to Americans with advertising? Doing so at a critical time, when efforts are ramping up to contain a pandemic and save lives by getting enough people vaccinated doesn't give you pause?

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #571 on: March 23, 2021, 06:36:17 pm »

Trump was ahead of this time.

Israel and New Zealand Permit Sale of SaNOtize’s Breakthrough Anti-Viral Nasal Spray
“The product we have developed, which kills viruses in the upper nasal pathways, will be delivered via a nasal spray bottle that contains a month’s supply for an individual,” said Dr. Gilly Regev, the Israeli CEO and co-founder of SaNOtize. “We look forward to updating the public in Israel and New Zealand with details on when Enovid will hit store shelves.”

Last week, SaNOtize and Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in Surrey, UK announced results of clinical trials indicating that NONS represents a safe and effective antiviral treatment that could prevent the transmission of COVID-19, shorten its course, and reduce the severity of symptoms and damage in those already infected. The study has been submitted to a leading medical journal for review and publication.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210322005226/en/Israel-and-New-Zealand-Permit-Sale-of-SaNOtize%E2%80%99s-Breakthrough-Anti-Viral-Nasal-Spray

No wonder, considering his great wisdom and extensive knowledge of microbiology. 

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #572 on: March 23, 2021, 06:48:07 pm »

I don't recall it, but according to Radio Yerevan, in principle this is true. However, it was not the Democrats but the Republicans, instead of the vaccines it was pomegranates, and rather than saying they wouldn't take it, they were asking for it.

More Yerevan jokes at: Radio Yerevan

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #573 on: March 23, 2021, 08:48:21 pm »

... the material that you find funny. Not many people would find it so amusing.

Maybe because I speak Russian, spent eight years in Moscow (working for American companies), from Yeltsin to Putin... maybe because of that I have a more realistic grasp of Russian affairs than someone who reads about it.

James Clark

« Reply #574 on: March 23, 2021, 09:12:30 pm »

Maybe because I speak Russian, spent eight years in Moscow (working for American companies), from Yeltsin to Putin... maybe because of that I have a more realistic grasp of Russian affairs than someone who reads about it.

So, setting aside your inherent distaste for Democrats/liberals, what’s your take on how Russia is operating here? It’s not like the “left” are the only ones that believe Putin and his government are bad actors.

TechTalk

« Reply #575 on: March 23, 2021, 09:17:56 pm »

Maybe because I speak Russian

I have no doubt that your Russian language abilities vastly exceed mine. I only had a couple of years of Russian in high school and I'm a poor speaker of the language, though my reading ability is a bit better than my speaking.

spent eight years in Moscow (working for American companies), from Yeltsin to Putin... maybe because of that I have a more realistic grasp of Russian affairs than someone who reads about it.

maybe... maybe not... People that have lived in the U.S. their entire lives can have a very different grasp and opposing opinions about what's realistic regarding American affairs. The same seems to hold true in every other country I've visited. Everyone forms opinions and judgments from their own perspective—too often, thru very narrow ideological lenses of all manner and description.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 10:42:25 pm by TechTalk »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #576 on: March 23, 2021, 11:39:18 pm »

I seem to remember you claiming this before and failing to substantiate it when you were challenged. Got any more this time around?
There was a constant drum beat before the election to make Trump's Operation Warp Speed look ineffective.  Heck, you still claim Trump had nothing to do with its success.  You want to have it both ways.  Frankly, you are distorting it now as well as then.  Your attacks on the vaccines undermined many Amricans support of it. 

Democrats face quandary on vaccine support as election nears
President Donald Trump is escalating his promise for a coronavirus vaccine before Election Day.

But across America, Democrats, independents and even some Republicans do not trust his administration to produce a safe and effective vaccine on such an aggressive timeline. Such hesitancy threatens to exacerbate the public health risk for millions of Americans whenever a vaccine is released.

With the Nov. 3 election fast approaching, Democratic officials face a delicate political challenge.

Should they attack Trump’s vaccine claims too aggressively, Democrats risk further undermining public confidence in a possible lifesaving medicine while looking as though they are rooting against a potential cure. But if they don’t push back, it makes it easier for Trump to use the real or imagined prospect of a vaccine to boost his reelection campaign.

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-virus-outbreak-elections-public-health-archive-8790eda23e94aec7cf7b4beaaa67ceaf

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #577 on: March 24, 2021, 12:24:44 am »

Speaking about the good old times, here are some indisputable historical facts.

The practice of immunisation dates back hundreds of years. Buddhist monks drank snake venom to confer immunity to snake bite and variolation (smearing of a skin tear with cowpox to confer immunity to smallpox) was practiced in 17th century China. Edward Jenner is considered the founder of vaccinology in the West in 1796, after he inoculated a 13 year-old-boy with vaccinia virus (cowpox), and demonstrated immunity to smallpox. In 1798, the first smallpox vaccine was developed. Over the 18th and 19th centuries, systematic implementation of mass smallpox immunisation culminated in its global eradication in 1979.

https://www.immune.org.nz/vaccines/vaccine-development/brief-history-vaccination#:~:text=Edward%20Jenner%20is%20considered%20the,first%20smallpox%20vaccine%20was%20developed.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #578 on: March 24, 2021, 03:05:32 am »

...  what’s your take on how Russia is operating here?...

The same thing we are doing there. And in the other 193 countries in the world. Interfering in internal affairs. Except we do it more aggressively and on a grander scale. Bomb countries into submission. Change regimes. Assassinate foreign leaders. Target civilians.

One of the most attractive electoral promises made by Trump was better relations with Moscow. We are not the same ideological enemies as during the Cold War. We have the same enemy today: radical Islam. There are still certain geopolitical realities where we have different interests, so the best strategy is to treat them as frenemies. It doesn’t help that we continue encroaching them years after the fall of the Soviet empire and Warsaw Pact.

That there is certain bipartisan agreement on Russia is not a surprise. Many Republicans represent the military industrial complex, which thrives on a permanent bogeyman. Many intelligence agencies were wrong before. They also depend on constantly amplifying threats, real or mythical.

You might remember that I spent seven years working in the American embassy in Belgrade in the ‘80s, and had a front row seat to how events were misinterpreted by mid-rank diplomats I worked with. Or their intellectual level and “expertise.”

#orangemanbad #russiabad

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #579 on: March 24, 2021, 09:05:28 am »

The same thing we are doing there. And in the other 193 countries in the world. Interfering in internal affairs. Except we do it more aggressively and on a grander scale. Bomb countries into submission. Change regimes. Assassinate foreign leaders. Target civilians.

One of the most attractive electoral promises made by Trump was better relations with Moscow. We are not the same ideological enemies as during the Cold War. We have the same enemy today: radical Islam. There are still certain geopolitical realities where we have different interests, so the best strategy is to treat them as frenemies. It doesn’t help that we continue encroaching them years after the fall of the Soviet empire and Warsaw Pact.

That there is certain bipartisan agreement on Russia is not a surprise. Many Republicans represent the military industrial complex, which thrives on a permanent bogeyman. Many intelligence agencies were wrong before. They also depend on constantly amplifying threats, real or mythical.

You might remember that I spent seven years working in the American embassy in Belgrade in the ‘80s, and had a front row seat to how events were misinterpreted by mid-rank diplomats I worked with. Or their intellectual level and “expertise.”

#orangemanbad #russiabad
In addition to Russia and America having to deal with radical Islam, is the geopolitical threat of China.  Russia could be our ally for that as a nuclear power and being located along China's northern border.  Instead, because of the stupid domestic politics in the USA against Trump for five years, we've driven them to be friends with China.  Now, how dumb is that?

China, Russia officials meet in show of unity against EU, US
China and Russia were rivals for leadership of the communist world during the Cold War but have built a strong relationship in recent years based on opposition to the U.S.-led liberal order, as well as cooperation in military affairs, technology and trade in natural resources.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 153   Go Up