Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 153   Go Down

Author Topic: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine  (Read 107112 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2021, 03:44:15 pm »

Nope. I don't think you doctor information. I think that you frequently present very selective information, and that is worthwhile to look beyond it.

If I do so, that is because I tend to present information from another angle, different from the mainstream (or the one prevailing here, on this forum). So, by definition, it must be selective. 

faberryman

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2021, 04:21:34 pm »

If I do so, that is because I tend to present information from another angle, different from the mainstream (or the one prevailing here, on this forum). So, by definition, it must be selective.

I disagree that posting information from another angle by definition means that it must be selective. In addition, let's look at your chart. What is "from another angle" or "different from the mainstream" about posting vaccination rates per 100 population by country? That's a pretty standard way to do it. The chart did, however, show information only from the countries you selected. So it was selective information presented in a standard way.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 04:41:41 pm by faberryman »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2021, 04:40:18 pm »

I disagree that posting informative from another angle by definition means that it must be selective. For example, what is "from another angle" or "different from the mainstream" about posting vaccination rates per 100 population by country? That's a pretty standard way to do it. It did, however, show information from only the countries you selected. So it was selective information presented in a standard way.

Once again, I did not select the countries in the chart. The chart popped up in my Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn feed, and it appears to be representing geographic European countries. I didn't take any position regarding the chart, other than find it interesting that Serbia is so high up (given how much the media here, internally, criticizes everything the government does). Also interesting is such a huge disparity between countries.

You made a general statement about how I often post "selective info." I responded in a similar, general manner. That is, nothing to do with the chart in question.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 04:43:44 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »

faberryman

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2021, 04:57:04 pm »

Once again, I did not select the countries in the chart. The chart popped up in my Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn feed...

That explains a lot. If you are just posting stuff from Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn, I'll just disregard it as unreliable and move on. My apologies.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 05:31:27 pm by faberryman »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2021, 05:20:26 pm »

That explains a lot. If you are just posting stuff from Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn, I'll just disregard it as unreliable and move on.

Oh, for fuck's sake!!!

Why does it matter if it was posted on those platforms??? Being posted there does not make something unreliable automatically. The chart clearly indicates the original source, and as Jeremy demonstrated, there is a link to it, so that you can go there and check it for yourself.

faberryman

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2021, 05:42:03 pm »

Oh, for fuck's sake!!!

Why does it matter if it was posted on those platforms??? Being posted there does not make something unreliable automatically. The chart clearly indicates the original source, and as Jeremy demonstrated, there is a link to it, so that you can go there and check it for yourself.

You rely on the information you want to. If social media is your reality, you are welcome to it.

I thought you actually looked up the information and generated the chart from the website. I obviously gave you way more credit than you deserve. I looked at the image and noticed there was an "Add Country" button so alarm bells went off. I wondered what countries were left out and why? I went to the original source. I looked around and couldn't find that exact chart. I found another chart with vaccinations per hundred by country in x/y format, and the numbers were different, so I said selective countries, different numbers, screw it. I am not going to waste any more time on this. Then Jeremy posted his comment and I said no kidding.

Like I said, if you are just going to post stuff from your social media feeds, I'll disregard it as unreliable and move on. Slobodan=Social Media=Unreliable.

Hey, look at this. Sasquatch is alive!

[insert image of Sasquatch from social media here]

Not only that, Sasquatch is an alien!

[insert image of Sasquatch in a flying saucer from social media here]

« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 01:44:35 pm by faberryman »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2021, 07:05:05 pm »

Here is yet another source of data by Euronews listing vaccinations by country. These numbers show the total counts of vaccinations, not per capita, but the chart is laid out much more generously and is using some negative space between the individual countries, unlike the other two. To some, the narrow white lines may seem like a wasted space, but the experts say that whitespace is one of the most valuable parts of your composition whether it is a coffee table book or a pandemic chart.

The UK, which approved its first COVID-19 vaccine on December 2, nearly three weeks before the EU, is racing ahead with immunising its people.
Latest data shows the country has vaccinated more people (7.6 million) - more than Germany, Italy, France and Spain combined. London began earlier than other EU countries but has also approved more vaccines than the 27-member bloc.

Who has made the best progress, relatively speaking?
The UK has administered the most vaccines overall, but it also leads the table of per capita immunisations. Malta is second in the table of vaccinations per 100,000 people and is the only EU country in the top four. Iceland is third and Serbia is fourth. Then comes four EU countries, Denmark, Slovenia, Ireland and Spain.

About this data:
The data is pulled together from official government sources and media reports. There is no central collection of vaccine figures and not all countries publish figures at this early stage.

https://www.euronews.com/2021/01/29/covid-19-vaccinations-in-europe-which-countries-are-leading-the-way

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2021, 10:32:09 pm »

Here is yet another source of data by Euronews listing vaccinations by country.
Vaccinations by country can also be described as degree of panic.
The UK is panicking because they now have 25% the deaths of USA and that is a cause for panic.
You may kill some but, you may save some.
If you are not panicking then you can sit back and watch the rest stuff up and learn the best approach.
There have been no vaccinations in Australia and many other countries for that reason.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

chez

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2021, 10:50:54 pm »

What is that supposed to mean? Are you saying I have a habit of posting doctored information?

Let's just call it selective.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2021, 03:23:33 am »

Let's just call it selective.

I am still waiting for Jeremy to tell us which countries with higher vaccination rates were not selected.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2021, 04:22:12 am »

I am still waiting for Jeremy to tell us which countries with higher vaccination rates were not selected.

On a 7-day rolling average to 26th January, which is the snapshot you quoted, Israel and the United Arab Emirates. You'll see also that the USA lies next behind the UK.

Jeremy

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2021, 04:44:49 am »

On a 7-day rolling average to 26th January, which is the snapshot you quoted, Israel and the United Arab Emirates. You'll see also that the USA lies next behind the UK.

Jeremy

Even Americans, with their dismal knowledge of geography, would recognize that the chart I posted shows only European countries. Let alone a distinguished English gentleman, like yourself :)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2021, 05:32:10 am »

Anyway...

The very high UK placement in those charts... first benefit of Brexit?

jeremyrh

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2021, 06:13:28 am »

Anyway...

Nothng to do with Brexit - the deals were done last year when EU rules still applied.  Partly a result of a strong local expertise in gene stuff, partly from the large sums of money splashed around and partly due to panic having messed up every other way out of the crisis.

It is, as you say, interesting to see that Serbia has high vaccination rates - never mentioned in the news. Which vaccine is being used?

rabanito

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2021, 06:43:50 am »

It is, as you say, interesting to see that Serbia has high vaccination rates - never mentioned in the news. Which vaccine is being used?

Pfizer, Sputnik V and Sinopharm

jeremyrh

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2021, 06:51:19 am »

Good opportunity to compare effectiveness.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2021, 07:01:30 am »

The answer is possibly, if indirectly. The UK had the chance to enrol in the EU's vaccine procurement programme last year but declined, to the expressed dismay of many politicians and commentators who viewed it as a triumph of Brexit over health; few, if any, of them have yet chosen as publicly to eat their words. It's not clear whether or not that option would have been open to the UK had we not left the EU by that stage.

It is true to say that our ability of our regulator (the MHRA) to authorise use of the vaccines independently of the EU's regulator (the EMA), while perhaps made easier by Brexit, would have been an option even had we still be members of the EU, there being exemptions in emergencies.

Anyway, we're straying into politics and since three contributors are currently suspended for that very offence, I suggest we stop.

Jeremy

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2021, 07:34:17 am »

And Moderna. With the option to choose between the four (as a preference in advance, during an online registration of interest - not sure if realistic at the time when my turn comes).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 07:40:51 am by Slobodan Blagojevic »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2021, 07:39:33 am »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2021, 07:49:14 am »

not to forget Slivovitza

Indeed. Since I have a dual nationality, I will have a different second shot. Hope they are compatible.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 153   Go Up