Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 153   Go Down

Author Topic: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine  (Read 108767 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine
« Reply #820 on: April 06, 2021, 03:14:15 pm »

Did they in fact let Chinese nationals from Wuhan to fly to the US after their lockdown? I know many Americans came home from China, but where did you read that Chinese came to the US after their lockdown? Remember, not all of China was under a lockdown.
Yes, Chinese in Wuhan were allowed to fly to other countries in the world but not to other parts of China.

chez

« Reply #821 on: April 06, 2021, 03:18:18 pm »

Yes, Chinese in Wuhan were allowed to fly to other countries in the world but not to other parts of China.

Can you direct me to this fact.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #822 on: April 06, 2021, 03:18:39 pm »

How China locked down internally for COVID-19, but pushed foreign travel
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/blogs/Whathappensif/how-china-locked-down-internally-for-covid-19-but-pushed-foreign-travel/

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #823 on: April 06, 2021, 03:25:18 pm »

I'd have zero problems living in Vietnam. In fact many Americans have moved to Vietnam to live out their lives. What issue do you have with living in Vietnam?
I'm sure Vietnam is a wonderful place to live for Vietnamese. For me, I don't speak the language, practice their religion, customs, or politics.  I like to speak freely.  They probably don't allow posts like this on LuLa even if they allow LuLa.  Do they stock Velvia film?  Plus it's too damn hot there. :)

chez

« Reply #825 on: April 06, 2021, 03:34:47 pm »

I'm sure Vietnam is a wonderful place to live for Vietnamese. For me, I don't speak the language, practice their religion, customs, or politics.  I like to speak freely.  They probably don't allow posts like this on LuLa even if they allow LuLa.  Do they stock Velvia film?  Plus it's too damn hot there. :)

Alan, I'd bet you have a bunch of clothes made in Vietnam. Many speak at least a bit of English. There are various forms of religion practiced in Vietnam. Internet can be tricky, but there are no controls of what people access. The food and customs are amazing...just might broaden your close mind.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #826 on: April 06, 2021, 03:46:41 pm »

And here's the rest of the story:

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2020-04-28/Did-China-deliberately-export-COVID-19-to-the-rest-of-the-world--Q2oGomPRss/index.html

That's a Chinese publication published in China.  Of course, they're going to be apologists for the Chinese government.  Maybe an article from the NY Times might help you believe in addition to the one from India.

After the Chinese shutdown domestic travel:
"By the time Chinese officials acknowledged the risk of human-to-human transmission on Jan. 21, local outbreaks were already seeded in Beijing, Shanghai and other major cities.  Cases as of Jan. 21  Travel on Jan. 21
Two days later, the authorities locked down Wuhan, and many cities followed in the next few weeks. Travel across China nearly stopped.  Cases as of Jan. 21  Travel on Feb. 4
As the outbreak moved across China in early January, international travel continued as normal.
Thousands of people flew out of Wuhan to cities around the world."

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/22/world/coronavirus-spread.html

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #827 on: April 06, 2021, 03:50:11 pm »

Alan, I'd bet you have a bunch of clothes made in Vietnam. Many speak at least a bit of English. There are various forms of religion practiced in Vietnam. Internet can be tricky, but there are no controls of what people access. The food and customs are amazing...just might broaden your close mind.
Closed mind?  Because I'm opposed to dictatorships.  What a strange belief you have.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #828 on: April 06, 2021, 04:00:47 pm »

They locked-down Wuhan to other parts of China only.  But they allowed Wuhans to travel to other countries and spread the disease to the world.  Yes, China is a great example.

Even more stupid is that all those other countries didn't enforce quarantine for the incoming travellers. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #829 on: April 06, 2021, 04:03:48 pm »

Even more stupid is that all those other countries didn't enforce quarantine for the incoming travellers. 
You're blaming the victims for China's duplicity.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #830 on: April 06, 2021, 04:15:25 pm »

You're blaming the victims for China's duplicity.

I am not blaming the poor victims who got infected abroad (and it wasn't only in China), but their governments for not thinking about quarantining them.

chez

« Reply #831 on: April 06, 2021, 04:25:42 pm »

Closed mind?  Because I'm opposed to dictatorships.  What a strange belief you have.

No, your view on food, customs, religions etc... Might do you some good to see how the rest of the world works...you just might not be so scared of them once you realize how much you have in common with them.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #832 on: April 06, 2021, 10:50:57 pm »

I am not blaming the poor victims who got infected abroad (and it wasn't only in China), but their governments for not thinking about quarantining them.
China quarantined 50 million Chinese by government fiat to keep their own people effectively walled in.  By comparison, America can't build a wall to keep other people out.  Quarentining Americans just won't work. 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #833 on: April 07, 2021, 07:27:30 am »

Enough said:

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #834 on: April 07, 2021, 07:57:31 am »

Dr. Fauxi confused by the Neanderthal Texans:

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #835 on: April 07, 2021, 08:43:39 am »

Dr. Fauxi confused by the Neanderthal Texans:

Could be because Texans eat more chili and steaks.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #836 on: April 07, 2021, 09:17:08 am »

Could be because Texans eat more chili and steaks.

A digression from the thread theme:

So Putin and Medvedev are at a restaurant.
Waiter: What will you be having?
Putin: A steak
Waiter: And your vegetable?
Putin: He'll have a steak too.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #837 on: April 07, 2021, 10:20:39 am »

My wife and are both type A and worried about this.   More bad advice from experts proven wrong.

Study refutes theory that blood type affects COVID risk
A or B, AB or O, it doesn't matter—your blood type has nothing to do with your risk of contracting severe COVID-19, a new study concludes.

Early in the pandemic, some reports suggested people with A-type blood were more susceptible to COVID, while those with O-type blood were less so.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-04-refutes-theory-blood-affects-covid.html

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #838 on: April 07, 2021, 10:31:52 am »

My wife and are both type A and worried about this.   More bad advice from experts proven wrong.

Your deliberate misdirections are truly beyond endurance.

There was some preliminary indication very early suggesting that there might be a blood type effect, which indicted something worthy of further study. That preliminary info came with the proviso that they had a small data sample and that it was not conclusive. So they studied it more and now know more. HOW THE FUCK ELSE do you think it can work?

Your trying to make this more "confusion by experts" is insufferably stupid ESPECIALLY because this exact topic has been discussed before.

It is impossible to take a word you say seriously. Almost everything you ever say turns out to be factually wrong. And you continue to spout the falsehoods ever AFTER they are pointed out to you.
--
Robert

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #839 on: April 07, 2021, 10:48:28 am »

Your deliberate misdirections are truly beyond endurance.

There was some preliminary indication very early suggesting that there might be a blood type effect, which indicted something worthy of further study. That preliminary info came with the proviso that they had a small data sample and that it was not conclusive. So they studied it more and now know more. HOW THE FUCK ELSE do you think it can work?

Your trying to make this more "confusion by experts" is insufferably stupid ESPECIALLY because this exact topic has been discussed before.

It is impossible to take a word you say seriously. Almost everything you ever say turns out to be factually wrong. And you continue to spout the falsehoods ever AFTER they are pointed out to you.

Oh, get off the high horse!

It can work by NOT publishing preliminary, inconclusive indications.

There is nothing Alan said that was factually wrong in this case. 

P.S. It would be nice if you woke people would refrain from personal attacks. But I won't  hold my breath.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 153   Go Up