Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for Dan Wells (or Editor if there is one)  (Read 1235 times)

BradSmith

Suggestions for Dan Wells (or Editor if there is one)
« on: January 25, 2021, 03:33:53 pm »

Dan, I hope you and or Josh take this as constructive rather than negative criticism.  I offer it as a 13 year Lula veteran.

I think that your articles are much too long and therefore, difficult for readers to find what they might be interested in.  I believe you need to become much more succinct or have strong editing do that for you.  And as organization goes, you need to put in section headings/titles to aid the reader.  I just read your "Year in Review - Cameras" article.  Nearly 7800 words and 60 paragraphs.  It was an article that cried-out for headings.  In this case, camera brands seemed logical.

If your Divinity Studies are ever going to lead to sermons, you've got to tighten it up.

Peter McLennan

Re: Suggestions for Dan Wells (or Editor if there is one)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 12:04:40 pm »

Dan, I hope you and or Josh take this as constructive rather than negative criticism.  I offer it as a 13 year Lula veteran.

I think that your articles are much too long and therefore, difficult for readers to find what they might be interested in.  I believe you need to become much more succinct or have strong editing do that for you.  And as organization goes, you need to put in section headings/titles to aid the reader.  I just read your "Year in Review - Cameras" article.  Nearly 7800 words and 60 paragraphs.  It was an article that cried-out for headings.  In this case, camera brands seemed logical.

If your Divinity Studies are ever going to lead to sermons, you've got to tighten it up.

I agree with the spirit, intent and fact in BradSmith's post.

More concision, please.

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
Re: Suggestions for Dan Wells (or Editor if there is one)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 09:41:34 am »

Suggestions noted for more concise and broken down pieces.
Thanks gentlemen.

J
Compassion and wisdom are inextricably linked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up