Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P800 ink splatters  (Read 442 times)

mshea

Epson P800 ink splatters
« on: January 12, 2021, 10:18:58 am »

I bought my P800 in August and, after a couple of initial problems with roll paper printing, everything had been going fine until yesterday when I got black ink splatters on the leading edge and margins of a large roll paper print (Hahn Photo Gloss Baryta). The splatters were about an inch long. I turned off the printer and this morning did a few tests using Epson Premium Glossy 8.5 X 11 sheets. I'm still getting ink splatters, but now the splatters are on the trailing edges and margins of the prints, and they're about a half inch in length.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks a lot!
Merrill

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Epson P800 ink splatters
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 10:45:09 pm »

I have had this too.
My solution is to not extend the receive tray much if any. Just open the door basically.
I can only speculate that if the paper hangs down it seems to not raise up and hit the head.
There has got to be a better solution but this seems to work.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

mshea

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 02:20:06 pm »

Hi Bob,

I tried your suggestion with an 8.5 X 11" sheet and, unfortunately, that didn't solve the problem. I'll contact Epson and see what they have to say.

Merrill

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 05:33:25 pm »

Hi Bob,

I tried your suggestion with an 8.5 X 11" sheet and, unfortunately, that didn't solve the problem. I'll contact Epson and see what they have to say.

Merrill
Sorry, I missed that it was occurring with sheets also. This solution appears to fix rolls as they are curved, but it still shouldn't be happening.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up