Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: thin white line on the display screen of the Canon 5dII  (Read 428 times)

Michael West

thin white line on the display screen of the Canon 5dII
« on: January 11, 2021, 08:35:49 pm »

i have what appears to be  a thin white line on the display screen of the Canon 5dII  Its not dependent on the data or images displayed  as it appears in the same spot regardless of the function the screen is displaying..  both images and settings.

is anyone familiar with this issue?  Thank you..

Michael West

Re: thin white line on the display screen of the Canon 5dII
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 10:42:17 pm »

i only wish I had been able to make a photograph of the ultra thin vertical white line on my cameras display..

it appears to have "disappeared"....

I will call Canon USA to get their take on the now seemingly non issue

degrub

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 11:18:32 pm »

Could be a display memory issue, software glitch, or intermittent hardware issue (maybe a flex cable or connection).
If it occurs again, see if it reappears after turning the camera off then back on.
Then try off, pull the battery, wait 30 sec ( check with canon about how to drain residual power from capacitors), install battery, start camera.
Or you could blame it on a cosmic particle   ;)

Michael West

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 06:06:24 pm »

Could be a display memory issue, software glitch, or intermittent hardware issue (maybe a flex cable or connection).
If it occurs again, see if it reappears after turning the camera off then back on.
Then try off, pull the battery, wait 30 sec ( check with canon about how to drain residual power from capacitors), install battery, start camera.
Or you could blame it on a cosmic particle   ;)

I did the battery removal trick...cleared the camera settings...and promptly lost live veiw....which was but one resetting away from restoral.

The line appears to have bought the farm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up