Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom Classic not inviting backup upon closing  (Read 536 times)

Jeffrey Saldinger

• Jeffrey Saldinger
Lightroom Classic not inviting backup upon closing
« on: January 05, 2021, 10:53:14 am »

Last summer I updated from El Capitan to Mojave and from Lightroom CC (c. 2015) to Lightroom Classic (currently using 9.3). I have my main catalog and files on my MacBook Pro and two other catalogs (call them 1 and 2) and their files on their own external drives.

Although I’m posting the following now, the situation has existed since the OS and Lr Classic upgrades.

The backup function for catalog 2 is not working properly, or rather, the invitation to do the backup is not working. That is, even though in the catalog’s “Catalog Settings” the backup frequency is set to "Every time Lightroom exits," when I quit the catalog I never get the question window “Do you really want to quit?” or the window that starts the backup. Both the main catalog and catalog 1 are behaving normally.

I tried toggling the backup frequency choice and reopening Lightroom; that didn’t work.

I also noticed that in the Lightroom folders for the main catalog and for catalog 1, the folder containing the backups is named “Backups.” In the problematic catalog, the corresponding folder is called “Catalog Backups.” I don’t know whether that has anything to do with the situation I’ve described, but I didn’t want to change it’s name (i.e., to “Backups”) without getting some affirmation here that that wouldn’t create a new problem. I never before noticed the difference in folder names and don’t know how the difference came about.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Jeffrey
Astoria, New York
www.jeffreysaldinger.com

Jeffrey Saldinger

• Jeffrey Saldinger
Jeffrey
Astoria, New York
www.jeffreysaldinger.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up