Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: epson 'paper edge quality' settings  (Read 425 times)

NeilPrintArt

• www.printartct.co.za
epson 'paper edge quality' settings
« on: December 30, 2020, 06:24:55 am »

Hello !
I am printing to an Epson SC-P10000 from macOS 10.14. I recently noticed a new option in the Epson print driver. Don't think its always been there? Something called 'Paper Edge Quality'. My guess is that this feature is for machines that have the new generation 2.6" heads - which print in a 'staggered' or 'double' pattern (P10000/P20000 and P7570/P9570 etc). If set to 'Standard' one can see the head starts printing in 2x parallel lines (for speed). Second options is 'Half Speed Printing' which then doesn't print in parallel lines/sections, but starts printing the leading edge of the image and progresses from there. The only reference in the various manuals I can find says something like 'selecting this option will increase quality on edge of images but decrease speed'. The third option is "Add Top Margin' which adds a 7cm leading edge to the print.

From what I can figure out it is the same as selecting uni-directional vs bi-directional ?

If I set driver to bi-directional and then select Paper Edge Quality>Half Speed Printing it appears to just print the whole image at uni-directional (as opposed to just printing the edge at 'half-speed')

Anyone else have a better understanding of what this setting does?

Thanks so much
Neil Williamson
Print Art Cape Town
www.printartct.co.za

arobinson7547

Re: epson 'paper edge quality' settings
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 07:13:21 am »

Now I posted my message FIRST <smile>, and what you are describing is E X A C T L Y what my message is about:

Epson P10000 Discontinued
Pages: [1]   Go Up