Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edit Date???  (Read 462 times)

BradSmith

Edit Date???
« on: December 19, 2020, 01:56:43 pm »

Does LR display the most recent edit date anywhere?  I can't find it in the Library module, yet I can create a smart collection that searches based on edit date.
thanks
Brad

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: Edit Date???
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 04:21:16 pm »

Apparently not. This information is stored in the database and not user accessible (unless you use a database manager to open the catalogue). Lightroom updates this "Edit time" each time you do anything to an image, including change the rating or colour label.

If you want to know when an image was "modified" by changing a paramenter in the development module, the history now shows date and time of the last modification, which is not necessarily the same as the "Edit Time" used in the library module to sort, as the History does not record when you change things like rating and colour labels

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 04:34:38 pm »

Best you can do is a Smart Collection. Select Edit Date, then whatever date parameters desired. For example, you want to see images edited in the past month:
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

BradSmith

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 04:59:16 pm »

......If you want to know when an image was "modified" by changing a paramenter in the development module, the history now shows date and time of the last modification,.......

In my version, LR Classic 10.0, I've only seen History show dates for Import, Export or Print".  Other Edits/Modifications in the develop module aren't dated.
Brad

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 06:41:42 pm »

In my version, LR Classic 10.0, I've only seen History show dates for Import, Export or Print".  Other Edits/Modifications in the develop module aren't dated.
Brad

You're right. I stand corrected. That's another piece of information that is in the database, but not shown to the user.
Pages: [1]   Go Up