Subscribe for $1/month
Login
Videos
Luminous Landscape Home
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
Did you miss your
activation email
?
September 30, 2026, 03:40:15 am
Home
Help
Search
Login (forum only)
Login (Subscriber)
Register
Luminous Landscape Home
Luminous Landscape Forum
>
The Art of Photography
>
User Critiques
>
Color or BW?
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Print
Author
Topic: Color or BW? (Read 323 times)
Todd Suttles
Sr. Member
Offline
Posts: 681
Hi, amateur learning my way...
Color or BW?
«
on:
December 17, 2020, 07:45:32 am »
I am liking both. If you like one at all, which would it be?
-thanks, -t
Logged
One Day At A Time
degrub
Sr. Member
Offline
Posts: 2555
Re: Color or BW?
«
Reply #1 on:
December 17, 2020, 09:36:05 am »
IMO, if the tree is the subject, either 1) different lighting for the B&W or 2) different DOF for the colour version
Logged
Eric Myrvaagnes
Sr. Member
Offline
Posts: 22813
http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Color or BW?
«
Reply #2 on:
December 17, 2020, 03:54:03 pm »
I would like to see the light areas in both darkened a bit, but the pond held back. Both versions feel a bit washed out to me.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website:
http://myrvaagnes.com
)
EricV
Sr. Member
Offline
Posts: 270
Re: Color or BW?
«
Reply #3 on:
December 17, 2020, 05:17:27 pm »
I guess the high key "washed out" look is deliberate. I think it works for the color version, which I like, but not the BW, where it somehow just looks artificial.
Logged
Todd Suttles
Sr. Member
Offline
Posts: 681
Hi, amateur learning my way...
Re: Color or BW?
«
Reply #4 on:
December 21, 2020, 10:33:48 pm »
THANK YOU Everyone for the help. I will work more with these suggestions and repost.
Logged
One Day At A Time
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
Luminous Landscape Forum
>
The Art of Photography
>
User Critiques
>
Color or BW?
Loading...