Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hahnemuhle Photo Silk baryta  (Read 845 times)

Rob52

Hahnemuhle Photo Silk baryta
« on: December 15, 2020, 03:20:40 pm »

Hello. I am currently midway in a large job printing scanned B&W negatives, as well as digital camera files as well. I really like the Huhnemuhle photo Silk Baryta paper and recently have seen supplies disappear. I like the 17" x 22" paper in particular. Does anyone know if this paper is still available, either in Canada or elsewhere? Thanks, Robert.

Simmons

• Fine Art Printed
Re: Hahnemuhle Photo Silk baryta
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 10:36:46 am »

i think they retired it.
You can't find it even on the site

StuartR

• http://www.stuartrichardson.com
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 04:01:15 pm »

I seem to remember hearing about quality issues? But perhaps that is in my head. I thought it was a nice paper, but I had a lot of issues printing it on a roll...stiff as a board as far as I recall.

glyph

• Ron H.
    • Glyph Art Studio
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 08:47:04 pm »

I would avoid this paper. It had issues with flaking, and for some reason Hahnemuehle was never able to solve issues with the coating being incredibly fragile in the bond to the substrate. I've never seen a fine art paper that you were not able to trim to a full bleed, if desired. Using a brand new mat knife blade, it still chipped excessively and showed white substrate all along the surface of the print with uneven chips missing. After trimming, it left behind powdered ink and coating underneath the cut. They even publicly send an email to purchasers telling them that it did not meet their standards (of course, no offer of compensation for the problems). Nice paper, otherwise, but not worth the effort.
Pages: [1]   Go Up