Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Frogs  (Read 525 times)

Arlen

Just Frogs
« on: December 15, 2020, 12:09:58 am »

Once upon a time there were two frogs. Though they dwelled on opposite sides of the pond—the right bank and the left bank—they had a lot in common. They both loved the pond.
They were fond of many of the other life forms in the pond, like damsels and dragons

and all such fare. Hunting for damsels and dragons and such was in fact their favorite pastime. And of course most of the pond lay in the middle, which they shared. Life was good,
and many a sunset found them together enjoying the things that all frogs love; life, liberty and the pursuit of bugs.

Now, like most frogs, these two held strong opinions about the way the world should work. And being from different sides of the pond, they didn’t always agree about that. But striving
to be civil frogs, they could agree to disagree, and were able to join together in their favorite pastimes.

Until one day the right-bank frog got a little worked up on an issue of the day and brought his grousing into the pond. The left-bank frog just could not let that pass, and getting onto
his own soapbox, croaked out an equally provoking homily.

Things spiraled downward and soon there was some shoving

involved. As the situation heated up, more tactless things were said, and the battle was on.

One moment the left-bank frog was on top.

The next moment the right-bank frog seemed to have the upper hand.

Finally, exhausted, they retreated to their separate sides of the pond, muttering or bellowing,

both still convinced of the rightness of their positions.

They don’t roam the pond together anymore.

But it's hard to condemn them.

After all, they were

just frogs.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 12:17:46 am by Arlen »

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Just Frogs
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 12:36:23 pm »

Lovely photo-tale. I hope you paid them both generous modelling fees.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 08:12:27 am »

Lovely photo-tale. I hope you paid them both generous modelling fees.
+1; delightful!
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

Arlen

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 05:33:01 pm »

Thanks for your feedback, guys. I actually took these pictures and came up with the accompanying parable 16 years ago. At about this same time of year in 2004, I posted it to an outdoors forum that I belonged to, where many of the members knew each other in real life, not just virtually. But the forum threads had become rather contentious. This post generated quite a bit of interest in that atmosphere, which subsequently improved for one reason or another. Unfortunately, that site is now defunct.
Pages: [1]   Go Up