Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CP21Unable to activate again  (Read 808 times)

mtakeda

CP21Unable to activate again
« on: December 13, 2020, 06:40:00 pm »

At activation every items are filled and in the end it says the activation code is invalid. This is the same as the last time when updated to CP20. They gave me a new activation code but apparently it is the one time code. I recall they said the cause of the problem is at their dealer. I am sick of it to have the same trouble more than once over the year.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: CP21Unable to activate again
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 10:25:42 am »

I have held off installation for other reasons, but sad to see they still don't have this figured out 1 year later.  C120 activation was a mess. And at times still is, as I have had to re-activate on a couple of machines. Should not have to do that.  I am not on the subscription model.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 11:09:25 am »

Sorry to hear that you've experienced problems.

My activations were without issues, so you'll need to figure it out with them. Maybe it's something specific to your setup?
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

mtakeda

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 06:57:28 pm »

Gentlemen, thanks for your concern. I think I figured the cause of the problem and told my assessment to CP. I hope they understand and corrective action. The activation code for perpetual version did not work when CP20 came up to activate CP20 just as now does not activate CP21. Then the company issued a new code forCP20 and worked. But my guess is the new code was only good for CP20 and because a new code issued my first pepetual code was stamped invalid
There is some mess and the company will address it promptly.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 07:15:22 am »

Same problem I have had. As it was explained to me a C1 21 code should work for C1 20 but both can’t be running on the machine at the same time. In the past when up upgraded you got a totally new code. So for example if you want to run C1 13 and C1 12. You could upgrade the C1 12 license to 13. But you got a new 13 license and the old 12 license stayed good but only for 12.

This is how it always had been in the past but process changed with C1 20. And still has bugs. Supposedly the single license does a look back to all previous C1 versions and will work with them. But I still get activation issues when switching between 13 and 20.

Paul C

« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 07:18:55 am by Paul2660 »
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up