Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P900 and Imageprint  (Read 883 times)

ymc226

Epson P900 and Imageprint
« on: December 13, 2020, 03:02:09 pm »

I plan on upgrading from the 3880 which I use with Imageprint 10 with great results using LR Classic subscription and Mac OS Mojave using calibrated NEC PA monitors.  At least half my prints are B&W and use Epson Traditional glossy and Hot Press Bright matte papers.  My plan is to upgrade to Imageprint Black when support for the P900 exists.

The questions I have re:  the P900.  I would like to use this as a network computer connected directly to the LAN and not via USB as with the 3880. Will this be a problem and is there any deviation from standard installation?  Also with Imageprint controlling all the profiles and printing, will I need to install the Epson Media Installer or the Epson P900 driver or is the basic driver necessary no matter what?

macz5024

• http://www.markuszuber.com
Re: Epson P900 and Imageprint
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 04:55:02 pm »

A new driver for the P900 is on the way - and should be ready in a few weeks from now, as reported by Colorbyte Software.
Concerning your question: Ethernet will work just fine.  All new Epson printers need the driver installed to establish the port connection to the printer.  ImagePrint uses that port so it needs the driver installed so that the port gets created.  Other than that the driver is not in use.  The media installer is only for the media names that appear on the printer when you load paper and for the driver so the same list appears.  ImagePrint gets it’s media list from an Epson library.  There are really only a small number of true medias.  Other medias are just copies of the true medias and given different names.
Pages: [1]   Go Up