Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monitor Choice  (Read 645 times)

SharonVL

Monitor Choice
« on: December 10, 2020, 12:03:19 pm »

Hello, for the first time (YAY!) I am getting a "good" monitor. I have always had $200 Dells. Not knocking them, but mine is getting murky looking. I am looking at this one - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1416626-REG/nec_pa271q_bk_27_color_critical_desktop.html

It is backordered though so I wonder if it is being discontinued. Anybody have any thoughts on current monitors?

Sharon

mearussi

Re: Monitor Choice
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 12:12:45 pm »

The color spects look good, though if you can afford it I'd move up to a 4k monitor.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 12:14:19 pm »

I own that display and it's superb.
May be back-ordered as NEC was recently purchased by Sharp and that may be slowing down the supply.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

SharonVL

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 02:29:14 pm »

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that.

Kyle D Jackson

• Lone Leaf Photography
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 10:25:55 pm »

Hi Sharon, I'm aiming for a new monitor as well, since my current one is failing (older NEC PA271W). I spent a lot of time researching the current options in colour critical (wide gamut) displays only to learn that there really aren't that many.

Then I also learned that there is quite a shortage of these things, I assume partly because of the pandemic.

In the 27 inch 2560 class you mention, the leading options for me (without insane price) are the Eizo CS2731 followed by that NEC PA271Q you mention. So you can't find it, you might consider the Eizo. That said, finding Eizo stock right now is really difficult.

If you decide on 4K in that size, the leading option I found is the Eizo CS2740. But it's also very hard to find. I tracked one down at RPI Imaging. One reseller said Eizo has limited stock if I put in a special order.

Hope that helps
Kyle D Jackson
Ottawa, Canada
Lone Leaf Photography

SharonVL

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 01:40:54 pm »

Thanks, Kyle. BH says the NEC will be back in stock on the 16th. Fingers Crossed!

Sharon

SharonVL

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 05:45:23 pm »

Thanks, Kyle. BH says the NEC will be back in stock on the 16th. Fingers Crossed!

Sharon

That Eizo looks nice...
Pages: [1]   Go Up