Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 21 out now  (Read 2073 times)

jeremyrh

C1 21 out now
« on: December 08, 2020, 06:58:56 am »

As per title !!

Tibor O

Re: C1 21 out now
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 07:32:07 am »

Nice to see macOS 10.13.6 supported with C1 21. Hope new features will be added mid year like with C1 20. No need to upgrade at the moment for me.

Ray Harrison

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 08:48:35 am »

Paul Reiffer has a quick overview of the major features if you haven't seen them yet or are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYNCCVG5uco

Cheers,
Ray

gazwas

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 12:26:53 pm »

Looking forward to using it and the new and improved features.
trying to think of something meaningful........ Err?

DBleeker

• David Bleeker Photography
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 06:48:51 am »

What is new?? Dehaze slider! and? Speed shortcuts, meh! Shortcuts could be programmed forever!?

Oh, how disappointing!

Unless the catalogue is working properly and the keystone tool gets repaired,

I very happily skip this version!

David

Ray Harrison

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2020, 08:42:46 am »

I don't have any angst about upgrading as it's pretty cheap in the grand scheme of things (50 cents / day or some such) for a tool I use all the time. I do like having performance improvements, OS compatibility, and whatever features come along, though I'm not after particular new editing additions. Get the existing ones working in top form, as needed. I'm not interested in them being "Danish Lightroom"  :). I'm more interested in them getting an M1/Apple Silicon build out the door, which they're working on, as that's going to open up stuff I am interested in: iPad capabilities and moving to Metal support.

I do quite like the new "pro standard" profiles that work for a couple of my cameras. Obviously, they need to add more coverage there. To be honest, I really like the speed edits and brush change capabilities much more than I thought I would. I spent time getting the muscle memory in place during the beta trial. In reality, this release seems more of a "dot release" (20.2 or whatever), at least outwardly, but the changes are appreciated regardless of what it's called.

Ferp

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2020, 05:57:28 pm »

For the price, I find it a fairly underwhelming upgrade.  So was V20, but we got some significant enhancements in the following 12 months.  I upgraded expecting the same this time round.  If that doesn't happen I'll be looking at V22 with a fairly jaundiced eye.

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2020, 12:40:41 am »

I've never seen such a diluted upgrade from them for a full version number. Last gasp before a full change over to subscription model?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 12:43:47 am by Ben Rubinstein »

IanSeward

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 04:00:01 am »

I've never seen such a diluted upgrade from them for a full version number. Last gasp before a full change over to subscription model?

I can't follow your logic. If they aren't providing significant updates why would you choose to continually pay for the same product?

More a case of reminding people that the perpetual license gives the customer choice. Upgrade for the new features or save money and skip an upgrade.

Anyone upgrading from V12 to 21 will see a significant upgrade, which is why most are on the 2 year upgrade cycle :-)

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2020, 08:11:30 am »

For the price, I find it a fairly underwhelming upgrade.  So was V20, but we got some significant enhancements in the following 12 months.  I upgraded expecting the same this time round.  If that doesn't happen I'll be looking at V22 with a fairly jaundiced eye.
With software this good, most upgrades are underwhelming.
Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2020, 11:31:09 am »

I can't follow your logic. If they aren't providing significant updates why would you choose to continually pay for the same product?

More a case of reminding people that the perpetual license gives the customer choice. Upgrade for the new features or save money and skip an upgrade.

Anyone upgrading from V12 to 21 will see a significant upgrade, which is why most are on the 2 year upgrade cycle :-)

That has been Adobe's model and it's worked for them. Regular minor feature upgrades and small changes rather than trying to add enough features to persuade a customer to pay for a version upgrade.

IanSeward

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2020, 11:52:47 am »

That has been Adobe's model and it's worked for them. Regular minor feature upgrades and small changes rather than trying to add enough features to persuade a customer to pay for a version upgrade.

There is no option other than subscription with Adobe. So it doesn't matter whether the upgrades are of any use or not. If you want to use LR you pay the subscription - no choice.

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2020, 11:59:24 am »

If you want to use LR you pay the subscription - no choice.
Unless you have version 6 which continues to work very well. I'd have paid for a few of the newer features, but that's not been an option, so I'm happy enough to keep on with what works.

BAB

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2020, 04:22:58 pm »

Im sure the time saving upgrades are worth whatever... but the AD Campaign was so suggesting that one presumed a revolutionary release was evident. In hindsight if the new release would or could of been so revolutionary I think that buying the new version blind (without any information) for a discount was the RED FLAG for me.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

IanSeward

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2020, 04:41:02 am »

Unless you have version 6 which continues to work very well. I'd have paid for a few of the newer features, but that's not been an option, so I'm happy enough to keep on with what works.

Very true, just work out what you would have spent on subscription by now? Choice is important.
Pages: [1]   Go Up