Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mushrooms  (Read 1435 times)

rabanito

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1587
Mushrooms
« on: December 03, 2020, 12:57:06 pm »

Daily Walk. Cellphones aren't that bad...
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Mushrooms
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 01:43:06 pm »

Nice shot.

Did you dig a big hole in the ground so you could look up at them from below?   ;)
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
Re: Mushrooms
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 01:53:33 pm »

Did you dig a big hole in the ground so you could look up at them from below?   ;)

Maybe he's really a leprechaun.

Jeremy
Logged

rabanito

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1587
Re: Mushrooms
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 03:46:54 pm »

Very easy. I just slid the phone under the mushrooms and jumped on the button
As for being a leprechaun, I'm over 65cm, I think I don't qualify  ;)
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Mushrooms
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 05:17:07 pm »

Ah, must be a genetically-modified giant leprechaun.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

degrub

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2553
Re: Mushrooms
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 11:34:43 pm »

Maybe they were magic  ;)
Logged

John R

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5248
Re: Mushrooms
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 02:46:51 am »

Ah, must be a genetically-modified giant leprechaun.
Now I am afraid to post my mushroom shot :(

JR
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Mushrooms
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020, 02:44:56 pm »

Now I am afraid to post my mushroom shot :(

JR
Oh, go ahead John. I'm sure we can find something salacious to say about it/
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

rabanito

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1587
Re: Mushrooms
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 04:32:33 pm »

Oh, go ahead John. I'm sure we can find something salacious to say about it/
Yes pliis  :)
Logged

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Mushrooms
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2020, 08:33:06 am »

Interesting shot… did you taste them?
Logged
Francois

rabanito

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1587
Re: Mushrooms
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2020, 08:48:44 am »

I wouldn't dare  8)
Logged

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Mushrooms
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2020, 11:10:01 am »

I wouldn't dare  8)

Sometimes, you get just wild dreams (= hallucinations) and sometimes it's simply the end…
I'm 100% with you, better be safe and hungry than face dire consequences!
Logged
Francois

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Mushrooms
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2020, 01:24:53 pm »

Many years ago my wife and I went on a mushroom walk led by a couple each of whom had been at one time a president of the Boston Mycology Society (that's mushrooms.)  Several times on the walk the two of them got into fairly intense arguments about the identities of some of the mushrooms we had come across.

They did agree on the Chantarelles we found, and the fresh-picked sauteed Chantarelles were the best I've ever tasted.

But those arguments... We would NEVER trust ourselves to eat a mushroom that we had found in the wild.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

rabanito

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1587
Re: Mushrooms
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2020, 04:29:57 pm »

Hehe. I knew some people who knew about mushrooms
Once upon a time, while training SAR dogs in the forest, we noticed that the "victims" were distracted and not lying "dead" where they should have been.
They had discovered and were collecting mushrooms!!
Just anecdotic. They shared ;D
Logged

John R

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5248
Re: Mushrooms
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2020, 08:04:51 pm »

Yes pliis  :)
Finally found the image I was looking for. I think the cell phone is ideal for extreme close ups and getting under subjects such as mushrooms. Not as sharp as I wanted. I try to avoid handholding now.

JR



« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 11:19:10 pm by John R »
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Mushrooms
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2020, 02:26:03 pm »

That is nice, John.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

rabanito

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1587
Re: Mushrooms
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2020, 05:05:45 am »

Logged

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Mushrooms
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2020, 06:28:29 am »

Elegant!
Logged
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up