Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P10000 - weird waste tank 'error' message  (Read 582 times)

NeilPrintArt

• www.printartct.co.za
P10000 - weird waste tank 'error' message
« on: December 02, 2020, 03:25:29 am »

Hello,
Happily running an Epson Surecolor P10000, but got a strange 'error' message and was wondering if anyone ever had a similar situation...
Replaced a full waste tank (with a brand new tank) and suddenly the control panel says "Perform powerful cleaning on all nozzles"?
The Epson guy sent another new waste tank and the same thing. When i insert the new waste tank suddenly I get a message on the control panel telling me to "Perform Powerful Clean...."
I have checked and double checked the nozzles, everthing looks 100% . Machine still runs fine. have been busy printing for a bout a week but the 'Powerful Clean..." message just sits there. Have reboot and reset and started into maintenance mode and reinstalled carts and swapped tanks etc etc...the message prevails
Eventually I did actually do a power clean (on all channels) and the message is still there!
Any ideas?
As I said when i posted this on the Epson Wide Format IO group....If I was a paranoid suspicious type I would say this is a devious and clever ploy by Epson to try and force people to buy more ink and more waste tanks by getting them to do unnecessary powercleans..!!
Neil Williamson
Print Art Cape Town
www.printartct.co.za

BrianWJH

Re: P10000 - weird waste tank 'error' message
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 04:44:41 am »

Neil, I replaced a waste ink tank last week on a P10070 after a replacment of a leaking ink delivery assembly and did not have any issue like you did.

Has there been a firmware update applied since your previous waste tank  was replaced?

Brian.

arobinson7547

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 07:36:49 am »

I think it's quite nefarious on Epson's part. Power Cleanings are 'usually' only triggered AFTER multiple failed 'regular' cleanings.

That's [the message] just asking you to needlessly dump ink [so you can buy more]

Garnick

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 07:48:46 am »

Hello Neil,

Certainly a very unusual situation with the message that seems to hang on for ever.  You did mention that you had rebooted, but did you actually pull the plug? 

Unfortunately I have nothing more to add.  However, I would definitely suggest that you try this site -  https://groups.io/g/EpsonWideFormat. If you cannot find any other approach I believe this is the best place to start again.  The folks there are very savvy with these sort of problems.  No guarantee of course, but a good place try for sure.  :) :D   
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 09:43:23 am by Garnick »
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

NeilPrintArt

• www.printartct.co.za
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 01:08:30 pm »

Neil, I replaced a waste ink tank last week on a P10070 after a replacment of a leaking ink delivery assembly and did not have any issue like you did.

Has there been a firmware update applied since your previous waste tank  was replaced?

Brian.
Brian,
Thanks for this. One of the steps I have taken was to update the firmware. In fact it turned out I was running on a previous version of the firmware, there was a newer version available. I installed it but it made no difference.
Neil Williamson
Print Art Cape Town
www.printartct.co.za

NeilPrintArt

• www.printartct.co.za
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 01:13:44 pm »

Hello Neil,

Certainly a very unusual situation with the message that seems to hang on for ever.  You did mention that you had rebooted, but did you actually pull the plug? 

Unfortunately I have nothing more to add.  However, I would definitely suggest that you try this site -  https://groups.io/g/EpsonWideFormat. If you cannot find any other approach I believe this is the best place to start again.  The folks there are very savvy with these sort of problems.  No guarantee of course, but a good place try for sure.  :) :D   
Garnick, thanks for this. Yes I have tried pulling the plug :). And yes have tried Epson Wide Format group, but no joy yet. My Epson supplier says he is going to try pull a waste tank out of another working P10000 and bring that round and see if message goes away. Holding thumbs, cheers

Neil Williamson
Print Art Cape Town
www.printartct.co.za

Lessbones

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 03:11:17 pm »

This isn't an error, but more of a suggestion.  It doesn't have anything to do with the maintenance cartridges-- it seems like it's just a timed "reminder" to keep the head in good order-- My p20000 has said this on the screen for years now-- it doesn't actually trigger anything, and it goes away if you actually do run a powerful cleaning, but it's just an annoying reminder, so don't sweat it.

NeilPrintArt

• www.printartct.co.za
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2020, 02:01:29 am »

This isn't an error, but more of a suggestion.  It doesn't have anything to do with the maintenance cartridges-- it seems like it's just a timed "reminder" to keep the head in good order-- My p20000 has said this on the screen for years now-- it doesn't actually trigger anything, and it goes away if you actually do run a powerful cleaning, but it's just an annoying reminder, so don't sweat it.
Thanks for this. Yes, I agree that its more of a 'suggestion' and doesn't actually affect the running of the machine. So no, its not a big deal and yes I am just ignoring it. It just seems strange to me that it is only triggered by inserting a new waste tank. If I pull the new waste tank and reinsert the old (almost full) tank then the message goes away. Also, I did actually run a power clean after a couple days and the message still didn't go away. So I would have to say I'm just confused and curious!!
Neil Williamson
Print Art Cape Town
www.printartct.co.za

arobinson7547

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2020, 07:43:26 am »

a suggestion? [to needlessly dump ink [so you can buy more]]

Who 'pays' for this suggestion, that Epson is making?
How much sense does it make to 'Power Clean' a Head that needs 'no' Cleaning?
Pages: [1]   Go Up