Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Birds Perching by the River  (Read 842 times)

rabanito

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1587
Birds Perching by the River
« on: December 01, 2020, 05:28:55 pm »

.
Logged

Frans Waterlander

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1046
Re: Birds Perching by the River
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 01:37:07 am »

Birds? I don't see any birds.
Logged

rabanito

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1587
Re: Birds Perching by the River
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 05:03:58 am »

Oh, they are far away and I had only a 50mm lens :)


Of course, I was trying some humor, I hate titling pictures. My alternative was "Trees".
Sorry... :)
Logged

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Birds Perching by the River
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 06:40:41 am »

Oh, they are far away and I had only a 50mm lens :)
…

Maybe, you could hear them well? Even with being visible (the birds), I like the shot very much.
Logged
Francois

rabanito

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1587
Re: Birds Perching by the River
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 08:03:55 am »

Thanks Francois.
There the river is some 150m wide, I think.
I guess they were silent,.
But now and then I saw one or two small dots against the sky landing on the branches.
That betrayed them ;)
Logged

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Birds Perching by the River
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 08:17:13 am »

…But now and then I saw one or two small dots against the sky landing on the branches.
That betrayed them ;)

Hunter eyes!
Logged
Francois

Rajan Parrikar

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3950
    • Rajan Parrikar
Re: Birds Perching by the River
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 08:47:10 am »

It is an effective image, conveying a certain mood.

PS: My interpretation is, the birds are just outside the frame 😀

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Birds Perching by the River
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 10:04:20 am »

Birds? I don't see any birds.
Thank you, Frans. Before I saw your comment, I tried enlarging the image hugely and couldn't see any birds. I started to worry that maybe I needed to buy a new 200-inch monitor, or have my eyes replaced.

It's a fine photo of trees at a river's edge.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

RSL

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16748
    • http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Birds Perching by the River
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2020, 10:54:02 am »

 ;D ;D I did the same thing. Finally gave up.
Logged
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

rabanito

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1587
Re: Birds Perching by the River
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2020, 11:39:03 am »

Now you're making fun of me...
You see them in the three croppings...don't you? :-\

The title whas just a tribute. The invisible birds brought my attention to the trees  ;)

Logged

Frans Waterlander

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1046
Re: Birds Perching by the River
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2020, 12:09:15 pm »

;D ;D I did the same thing. Finally gave up.
I also did! Maybe "Where is Waldo?" could have worked?
Logged

rabanito

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1587
Re: Birds Perching by the River
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2020, 12:21:08 pm »

I also did! Maybe "Where is Waldo?" could have worked?
Haha. Good one.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up