Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stranage behavior  (Read 861 times)

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
Stranage behavior
« on: November 25, 2020, 09:45:12 pm »

I created a collection and every time I try to a new photo to it the attached message appears.  How do I fix this?

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

gfern

Re: Stranage behavior
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 04:09:56 pm »

I've just had the same error pop-up in lightroom. I was trying to add a photo to a quick collection when it occurred.  I'm running W10 V. 2004. / Lightroom V10.  I've read past error message web articles that had to due with Logitech Options being part of the problem however mine occurred prior to putting on a new keyboard. Also, I have not see any other issues in other software as yet. My only recent "adds" have been updates to DXO/Nik collections.

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 07:40:44 pm »

Glad to see I am not crazy.  I created a new collection and transfered all the photos in problem collection into the new one, and then deleted the problem one.  Things seem to be working properly now.

Hope this holds.

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

gfern

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 04:48:38 pm »

I found this work around from Adobe's site. The message is a known problem.  The workaround is changing the sort order of the target collection to something other than "custom".  The notice just mentions collections but applies to all collections in both windows and mac systems from the limited testing that I did.  The attached clip is from Adobe's site.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 05:21:58 pm »

That error message is generic and does not point to any specific problem. An error within a plugin is more likely to cause it, but a built-in feature bug may generate it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up