Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Waste tank reset for Canon Pro-2000  (Read 1032 times)

D White

• Don White
    • iStock
Waste tank reset for Canon Pro-2000
« on: November 25, 2020, 06:13:17 pm »

I was interested if anyone has a recommendation for a chip re-setter for the waste tank on a Canon Pro-2000, (4000/6000). I had one that worked on my previous Epson 7900 before the printer died.

I see some listed on the internet, but by unknown sources with uncertain or no reviews.
Dr D White DDS BSc

arobinson7547

Re: Waste tank reset for Canon Pro-2000
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 08:36:58 am »

more importantly, make sure your Printer won't do any wired sutff, when it detects that reset.
I saw a video of some Chinese chip resetter for the new Epsons and when he reset it,
the machine said, Hey that's third party, are you SURE you want to continue.

I'm pretty sure answering YES, let's Epson know thay no longer have to Support you. (you just broke your warranty and they know)

Years ago, a well know guy sold me some Canon Ink IPF6X00). He placed the WRONG chip on one of the Carts and that Dammed think fried the Printer. I think Canon programmed it that way

I know you're not asking about Ink, but the Printer Manufactures can respond anyway they want when/if they detect a third party chip or reset. (think sneaky and unknown to you)

sunnyherman

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 04:00:24 pm »

I don't know if this works for the newer printers (Pro 1000/2000/400, etc.), but I have an iPF 6300 and the maintenance cart. signaled full. I had purchased a new maint. cart. so I installed it. Eventually that maint. cart. registered full. I still had the old maint. cart. lying around so just for the heck of it I plugged it back into my 6300 and lo and behold it registered as being empty, i.e. I was able to use it as if it had never been filled. My assumption is the spent ink in that cart. evaporated over time and the printer was basing the status of the maint. cart. on the weight of that unit. Once the ink had evaporated, the cart. was close to if not at the empty weight and the printer recognized it as such.

I have a Pro 1000 and my maint. cart. just registered as full (incredible how much ink that printer wastes on maintenance). I installed a new cart. and set the old/full on aside. I plan to try to reuse the old cart. once the new one fills up.

mearussi

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 04:04:01 pm »

The earlier Canon ipf6400 has a software reset for the waste tank built in. You might be able to find a similar setting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up