Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson p7000 with nozzle clog  (Read 350 times)

HartmanPrints

Epson p7000 with nozzle clog
« on: November 24, 2020, 05:11:16 am »

Hey everyone,

So my epson p7000 has a LK nozzle clog that just won't go away. It's in the same spots, every time. Ive done over 100 cleanings, im on my 3rd maintenance box in a month. I've had it since May 2018. This doesn't sound right. I feel like there might be a hair or dust on the print head. Its weird that it's in the exact same spots every time.

Not sure what to do. Will an administrator cleaning help? Is the print head done?  I'm apprehensive to spend the money to have someone come out and take it apart just to tell me I need a new print head and a new ink assembly.

Should i try the windex trick?

I got the square trade 3 year protection plan... will that cover the costs of the potential repair? Otherwise, if I need a new head and ink system, I might as well just buy a new printer.

Any help is appreciated, I feel ultimately defeated right now.

-Justin

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Re: Epson p7000 with nozzle clog
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 05:31:35 am »

I can sympathise having gone through something similar earlier this year on my P8000.
https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=134659.0

I used the one time service plan and had the head replaced.

Mike

HartmanPrints

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 05:42:20 am »

Thanks for the reply. So you had to pay $1,000 for it? Does my 3 year squaretrade do anything?

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 09:16:40 am »

The P8000 is a 44" printer so the charge was $1350 as I recall (which burns somewhat given that I think they use the same head).  The 24" service is $995, so that is what I'd expect you'd need to pay.

No idea about your insurance, but if you have it that is (potentially) great and I would call them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up