Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Author Name for an article  (Read 1167 times)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Author Name for an article
« on: November 19, 2020, 01:05:45 am »

In many article headlines, we see the article title, followed by Josh Reichmann name, rather than by the actual author.
Is this a software glitch, is Josh an article collaborator/editor or is there another reason behind this practice?

jeremyrh

Re: Author Name for an article
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 04:25:32 am »

In many article headlines, we see the article title, followed by Josh Reichmann name, rather than by the actual author.
Is this a software glitch, is Josh an article collaborator/editor or is there another reason behind this practice?

My guess is that it's a script that automatically lists the person uploading the article as the author?

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 04:39:59 am »

My guess is that it's a script that automatically lists the person uploading the article as the author?

Not for articles, written by Dan Wells or Michael Reichmann

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 07:45:00 am »

Human error. Nothing nefarious going on. Just that people are set up as authors, some not, sometimes an article gets posted and there is no author profile for the poster so I use my name to post and credit the author because there is an issue setting up a new profile.
Other times THERE IS an author profile and I STILL post it as my name because I forget to load the article under the authors name.

Having come up in the music world I am incredibly sensitive to accurate crediting and authorship.
I saw and experienced numerous theft, lazy or dishonest middle men taking credit where not due.
I’ll be more fastidious about loading into Word Press so that there’s no confusion.

Thanks
Compassion and wisdom are inextricably linked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up