Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on EXPORTING After Adjustments On LR Classic  (Read 613 times)

rollsman44

Question on EXPORTING After Adjustments On LR Classic
« on: November 08, 2020, 10:00:10 pm »

I have 2 Questions:
  1-  When I complete my adjustments and Export the files to a folder on my desktop.....What should I set the Size to if I want the full resolution( MP)

2-  After exporting an image you exit out of LR and a day later you decide to make additional adjustments to the image that was already corrected.....How do I get the image back into LR to make the additional adjustments.   After the adjustments are made to this image....I export it again to my New folder on my desktop. What do you set the File size and Resolution ( 300 pix per cm) in the Image Sizing Box to so you dont lose any resolution or make the file size smaller. 
   Thank you

MDL_SD

Re: Question on EXPORTING After Adjustments On LR Classic
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 10:14:57 pm »

To fully answer your questions I'd need to know what format you are exporting the image to (JPG, TIFF, etc.)?

Regarding your question 2:
When you import an image into lightroom the image is saved (in the folder that you specify) and any manipulations are contained in your catalog.  If you export a file after adjusting the image the imported image remains in the folder that you imported it to.  Therefore, when you return you should find the image in your catalog with the history of your prior adjustments and you can continue to adjust.  Lightroom does not alter your original imported file; the catalog saves a record of your adjustments so that you can always go back or continue forward.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 05:13:45 am »

I have 2 Questions:
  1-  When I complete my adjustments and Export the files to a folder on my desktop.....What should I set the Size to if I want the full resolution( MP)

2-  After exporting an image you exit out of LR and a day later you decide to make additional adjustments to the image that was already corrected.....How do I get the image back into LR to make the additional adjustments.   After the adjustments are made to this image....I export it again to my New folder on my desktop. What do you set the File size and Resolution ( 300 pix per cm) in the Image Sizing Box to so you dont lose any resolution or make the file size smaller. 
   Thank you

In the Export dialog window thee is a section for Image Sizing.  The 1st checkbox, Resize to Fit needs to be turned off.  The file will then be exported at it's full pixel dimensions as the resizing options will be greyed out.

rollsman44

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 09:59:28 pm »

I sometimes adjust just my Jpgs in LR and depending what size prints I need I import Raw as well. 

rollsman44

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 07:35:13 am »

Thank you for sharing that info. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up