Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P900 - New Print Quality Settings  (Read 2666 times)

steverap

• Rappaport Photography
Epson P900 - New Print Quality Settings
« on: November 05, 2020, 03:34:42 pm »

I just setup an Epson P900 and Print Quality Settings are new. Instead of SuperFine and SuperPhoto there are now five settings: Standard, Quality, High Quality, Max Quality, and Max Quality (Carbon Black). Does anyone have any experiences with these settings that they could share?

IPDOUGLAS

Re: Epson P900 - New Print Quality Settings
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 10:24:23 am »

Hello Steve,  I cannot answer your question but I know a man who might.   Take a look at epson-sc-p700-printer-review

It might have your answer

cheers
Ian
In Vino Veritas

steverap

• Rappaport Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 03:55:38 pm »

Thanks, Ian, the article was very helpful indeed!

IPDOUGLAS

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 04:44:21 pm »

No problem Steve.  A full review of the P900 (in the same vein as the P700) is imminent I believe on the Northlight-images.co.uk and I also am watching and waiting as I have a two year old failed Canon Imageprograf pro 1000 sat next to me awaiting a trip to the garbage heap.  Canons support means I will NEVER buy a Canon again so probably will get a P900 in 2021 subject to the review.

cheers
Ian
In Vino Veritas

MfAlab

• Modern Fine Art printing laboratory
    • HSU fine print
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 10:43:18 pm »

Max Quality (Carbon Black) is Max Quality with LG(LLK) overprint. The same with "Black Enhanced Overcoat" on P75XX/P95XX.

Epson said this feature can add some density and eliminate gloss differential on dark area.

Carbon black
Our Black Enhance Overcoat flattens the printed surface using Light Grey inks in dark areas. With glossy media this increases the density of black and offers extra contrast and tonality, while simultaneously reducing bronzing. In addition, the new Carbon Black Mode uses only 1.5pl ink droplets which allows you to produce even deeper blacks.
Kang-Wei Hsu
digital printing & color management
fixative tests preview: https://reurl.cc/OVGDmr
Pages: [1]   Go Up