Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 472289 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #6420 on: January 27, 2021, 04:25:40 pm »

Not only that, but he'll get also a fat pension and a free life-time office.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-impeachment-benefits-explai/explainer-why-trumps-post-presidency-perks-like-a-pension-and-office-are-safe-for-the-rest-of-his-life-idUSKBN29W238

Leaving aside the fact that Trump returned his $400,000 annual salary to the government for four years, you can't reverse the policy.  That's ex post facto. Trump would sue and win in court.  Do you want to see him win again? 

In any case, this impeachment will be defeated like the last.  Pelosi is just having a hissy fit again and still wants to punish him.  You should be happy.  The quicker the impeachment ends, the quicker NYS will charge him with criminal violations of some kind.  Then Republican Governor DeSantis of Florida will refuse to sign the extradition papers to send him back to NY State to face those charges claiming NY Democrats are playing politics.  Then, Trump will retire in Mir-a-Lago, play golf and make millions writing his memoirs of how he drained the swamp.  You also forgot the Trump library that all presidents have.  Trump will figure a way to charge an entrance fee somehow.  Maybe he'll convert Mir-a-Lago.  :) 

faberryman

« Reply #6421 on: January 27, 2021, 04:26:41 pm »

No free passes based on color or gender.

To whom has Biden extended free passes based on color or gender?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6422 on: January 27, 2021, 04:33:14 pm »

You’ve been playing the game with the level set to “Easy”. It’s insulting for you to suggest that people without your advantages has just not been working hard enough.
You're the one being insulting.  You don't know me or my life.  No one ever gave me a break.  I grew up poor with no privileges. Whatever I got, good and bad, I earned.  When I started my small one-person contracting firm in NYC, I could not get any smaller jobs from the NYC government.  They were set aside for minorities and female-owned companies only.  Whites and men need not apply.   Those anti-white men racist policies continue today. So please don't tell me about prejudice from three thousand miles away.  Straighten out your country's prejudice of class that's been going on for centuries and still continues today.  When you clean your own house, then come back and we can have a discussion. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 04:37:18 pm by Alan Klein »

faberryman

« Reply #6423 on: January 27, 2021, 04:48:41 pm »

Leaving aside the fact that Trump returned his $400,000 annual salary to the government for four years, you can't reverse the policy.  That's ex post facto. Trump would sue and win in court.

How exactly did you leave aside the fact that Trump directed his salary be paid to other government agencies and such, and how is it relevant to anything?

That's ex post facto. Trump would sue and win in court.

Where did you go to law school? The reason I ask is that you sound a lot like Joe Pesci in My Cousin Vinny.

Before you go too far down the ex post facto road, let me suggest you read the Former Presidents Act, 3 U.S.C. §102, and see if you can discern the real reason Trump would not lose his pension in the unlikely event he is convicted by the Senate. Or, if that is too much trouble, just google it.

Alan, have you ever taken the time to actually look something up to see if it is correct before posting it?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 06:47:49 pm by faberryman »

chez

« Reply #6424 on: January 27, 2021, 05:07:44 pm »

No free passes based on color or gender.

Just for family members.

jeremyrh

« Reply #6425 on: January 27, 2021, 05:28:39 pm »

You don't know me or my life.  No one ever gave me a break.

We all know that about you, Alan - the whole world has been cheating you. Pass my violin.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #6426 on: January 27, 2021, 05:37:58 pm »

You're the one being insulting.  You don't know me or my life.  No one ever gave me a break.

You were given a break the moment you were born a white man – like me. This does not mean we didn’t have to work for what we have achieved. It means that barriers were not put in our path because of our race or sex. And if some contracts/positions were given preferentially to people other than white men, oh boo hoo. They were given preferentially, if not exclusively, to white men for centuries. And when things turn around, if only a little bit, all of a sudden, the white guys are all about equality. Save it.

faberryman

« Reply #6427 on: January 27, 2021, 05:49:11 pm »

You're the one being insulting.  You don't know me or my life.  No one ever gave me a break.  I grew up poor with no privileges. Whatever I got, good and bad, I earned.  When I started my small one-person contracting firm in NYC, I could not get any smaller jobs from the NYC government.  They were set aside for minorities and female-owned companies only.  Whites and men need not apply.   Those anti-white men racist policies continue today. So please don't tell me about prejudice from three thousand miles away.  Straighten out your country's prejudice of class that's been going on for centuries and still continues today.  When you clean your own house, then come back and we can have a discussion.

So the question is, if what you say is true, why did you open up a small one-person contracting firm in NYC to begin with? That, and is there no business in the private sector for a small one-person contracting firm in NYC? I thought you said the reason you lost your contracting firm was because the NYC Comptroller was not paying you on a timely basis and therefore you could not make your payments to the bank on a timely basis and lost your credit line. If so, you must have gotten some public sector jobs from somewhere. Maybe I am mis-remembering.

When I had my own firm, the NYC Comptroller held up all City payments to contractors until every invoice could be reviewed in detail by her office.  She was trying to make political points.  Her action delayed my payments for over 9 months.  I lost my company's credit line with the bank because of that as I couldn't make payments to them I promised.  That hurt us a lot because construction contracting is already a big cash flow problem. You need a credit line to help stay afloat. It's bad enough to have to put up with private developers like Trump who are lousy payers.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 06:49:25 pm by faberryman »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6428 on: January 27, 2021, 06:02:21 pm »

We all know that about you, Alan - the whole world has been cheating you. Pass my violin.
No, I ignored the issue and sold to private clients. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6429 on: January 27, 2021, 06:07:09 pm »

You were given a break the moment you were born a white man – like me. This does not mean we didn’t have to work for what we have achieved. It means that barriers were not put in our path because of our race or sex. And if some contracts/positions were given preferentially to people other than white men, oh boo hoo. They were given preferentially, if not exclusively, to white men for centuries. And when things turn around, if only a little bit, all of a sudden, the white guys are all about equality. Save it.
You don't eliminate prejudice by creating more prejudice. However, you're certainly permitted to give up your place in line,  Just don't impose your standards on others that adds to conflict which is what we have today because of it.  Treating everyone fairly is the better way. 

faberryman

« Reply #6430 on: January 27, 2021, 06:28:36 pm »

You don't eliminate prejudice by creating more prejudice. However, you're certainly permitted to give up your place in line,  Just don't impose your standards on others that adds to conflict which is what we have today because of it.  Treating everyone fairly is the better way.

I am not sure what that means. Perhaps you you could speak more directly.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 08:41:20 pm by faberryman »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #6431 on: January 27, 2021, 07:14:06 pm »

The quicker the impeachment ends, the quicker NYS will charge him with criminal violations of some kind.
The above illustrates (again) Alan really doesn't study the topic(s) before posting and hoping to be taken seriously which by and large, he never has been. There's nothing NYS is waiting on in terms of the impeachment, they and others continue to forge ahead as they should and will. The idea there is this delay is just more creative and fictional writing from our illustrious privileged old white guy on monthly Government handouts. ;D
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #6432 on: January 27, 2021, 07:18:23 pm »

Treating everyone fairly is the better way.
Unlike a poster who called others out and accused them of calling him a liar when in fact, that never happened. That kind of fair treatment Alan?
"The only thing worse than a liar is a liar that's also a hypocrite! "
-Tennessee Williams
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Peter McLennan

« Reply #6433 on: January 27, 2021, 07:31:47 pm »

It must be starting to dawn on even the most fervent followers that he never gave a toss about any of them. How does a true believer get over that one?

"Everybody!  Down to the Capitol!  I'll be right there with you!"

And that was the last we heard from him.

"easily gulled"

Peter McLennan

« Reply #6434 on: January 27, 2021, 07:48:28 pm »

Then, Trump will retire in Mir-a-Lago, play golf and make millions writing his memoirs of how he drained the swamp.

1) Trump can't write.  That has been clearly demonstrated over the last four years.  He can't even spell, let alone write.
2) Very few would pay to read whatever crap he might pay to have ghost-written.  (however, Alan might)
3) He didn't drain the swamp, he further polluted it with his criminal friends, anti social activities and evil business associates.

So, no.  He will NOT "make millions".  He is a LOSER.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #6435 on: January 27, 2021, 07:51:23 pm »

Then Republican Governor DeSantis of Florida will refuse to sign the extradition papers to send him back to NY State to face those charges ...

Do States have extradition laws?

faberryman

« Reply #6436 on: January 27, 2021, 08:01:58 pm »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6437 on: January 27, 2021, 08:04:26 pm »

Do States have extradition laws?
Extradition is required by the constitution.  But I could see DeSantis trying to make political points first. 

Peter McLennan

« Reply #6438 on: January 27, 2021, 08:23:16 pm »

TechTalk

« Reply #6439 on: January 27, 2021, 08:35:28 pm »

you can't reverse the policy.  That's ex post facto.

That's ridiculous. It's a pension, not a criminal statute applied retroactively.

Trump would sue and win in court.  Do you want to see him win again? 

What I'd really like to see is you explaining your legal concepts in a court. The expressions on the judge's face would be interesting to watch.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 08:44:09 pm by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 808   Go Up