Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 807   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 464888 times)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #11460 on: September 18, 2021, 12:47:57 pm »

Not to take over the world as much as wanting to run the show. DeGaulle was like that.  You'd think after America, Russia and the UK saved his country's nuts in WWII, he'd be a little more humble right after that.
"I doubt you can understand the magnitude of the stupidity in your statement". - Robert Jordan, The Gathering Storm
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11461 on: September 18, 2021, 02:56:48 pm »

Wrong! Completely wrong! Totally wrong! How is it possible for you to say that: "had to do with something else other than subs"? And do so immediately after telling me: "You totally misunderstood her point." Do you not care at all how foolish—not to mention hypocritical—you look?

When "She" [Pauline Hanson] says in the first 9-seconds of the excerpt video: "Now is it true that pump jet submarines can only stay underwater for 20-minutes?"—please explain how "that had to do with something else other than subs"! Did you think that she was asking how long her toes should soak before her pedicure? This level of confusion is something that would warrant seeing your doctor.

And the poor rear admiral, who has to answer her, had already explained to her [in the longer 12-minute video I linked] at length and in detail that a pump jet was simply the modern propulsion replacement for a conventional propeller—which explains his controlled flat response of "No Senator... can I just be clear again". [/b]
That was my point.  That the pump jet was not a sub.  And then she went on to ask whether the diesel subs they ordered could stay underwater for more than three days.  Obviously, nuclear subs can, in fact for months at a time. That's the important point she apparently was making.  Australia ordered $60 billion in old-fashioned diesel-electric subs.  So now their navy wised up, as did their government, dropped the French deal, and are buying nuclear subs from the US. that the legislator appeared to be questioning the admiral about.  So four years ago she was smarter than the Admiral who was operating with old technology that the Chinese already knew how to find that type sub because it couldn't hide long enough underwater.   So you're arguing and supporting the admiral that it was a better deal even though Australia dropped the deal.  So you know more about it than they do?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11462 on: September 18, 2021, 03:14:03 pm »

Another Biden international success story with our oldest ally France.  First the cancellation of our Canadian friend's XL pipeline.  Then the opening of our southern border to create a migrant crisis (now there are 9000 Haitians waiting to sneak in on top of the 100s of thousands of Latinos), then restarting the Paris climate mess that China ignores, then trying to get Iran to restart the JCPOA agreement, then North Korea sending missiles again, then the copout from Afghanistan with our tail between our legs, and now poking a stick in France's eye possibly messing up NATO.  Did I miss anything? All in seven months. 

France recalls envoy to US as Atlantic rift widens over Anglo Alliance

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/86322442.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #11463 on: September 18, 2021, 03:23:35 pm »

She did mention the twenty minutes that had to do with something else other than subs.
Then (sigh):
That was my point.  That the pump jet was not a sub. 
With:
Wrong! Completely wrong! Totally wrong! How is it possible for you to say that: "had to do with something else other than subs"? And do so immediately after telling me: "You totally misunderstood her point." Do you not care at all how foolish—not to mention hypocritical—you look?
No, he doesn't. Foolish hypocritical, an expert at both.
So you're arguing and supporting the admiral that it was a better deal even though Australia dropped the deal.
No! He's arguing quite well, that you do not care at all how foolish—not to mention hypocritical—you look to anyone not named Alan Klein.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11464 on: September 18, 2021, 03:35:55 pm »

The tragedy of the civilians killed in the US drone strike is going to create real problems, later on.  Biden assured us that the strike "from over the horizon" and others in the future will keep us safe from terrorists.  We didn't need troops and agents on the ground in Afghanistan to confirm targets. We can do it from afar.  Well, this last strike proves we can't.  Plus, which American general or politician is going to order another drone strike without confirming the target from ground sources?  They're no longer there.  This is going to open up Afghanistan to the terrorists there who will have a field day planning terrorist attacks secure in the knowledge we won't attack them. This opens the US and the rest of the West to a 9-11.   Another Biden success story.

Survivors Of A U.S. Drone Strike In Kabul Want An Investigation And Compensation
https://www.npr.org/2021/09/18/1038556483/drone-strike-kabul-family-afghanistan-missile

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #11465 on: September 18, 2021, 03:57:59 pm »

The tragedy of the civilians killed in the US drone strike is going to create real problems, later on.  Biden assured us that the strike "from over the horizon" and others in the future will keep us safe from terrorists. 
Knee jerking again, forgetting the last guy who just kept hidden what he was doing:

Trump revokes Obama rule on reporting drone strike deaths
President Donald Trump has revoked a policy set by his predecessor requiring US intelligence officials to publish the number of civilians killed in drone strikes outside of war zones.
The 2016 executive order was brought in by then-President Barack Obama, who was under pressure to be more transparent.
There have been 2,243 drone strikes in the first two years of the Trump presidency, compared with 1,878 in Mr Obama's eight years in office, according to the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, a UK-based think tank.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47480207

Knee Jerk gave Trump a pass at the time of course:

Trump pledged to stop 'endless wars' but his airstrikes in Afghanistan increased civilian deaths by 330% since 2016
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-afghanistan-airstrikes-increased-civilian-deaths-by-330-since-2016-2020-12

As expressed by many here Alan: Do you not care at all how foolish—not to mention hypocritical—you look!
Yet you keep posting and looking far more foolish—not to mention hypocritical by the hour.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 04:01:03 pm by digitaldog »

TechTalk

« Reply #11466 on: September 18, 2021, 04:10:21 pm »

So you're arguing and supporting the admiral that it was a better deal even though Australia dropped the deal.

You're extremely confused. What kind of submarines Australia wants is up to them. I'm not making any argument, of any kind, as to what would be best for them. And... wait for it... Neither was the rear admiral, who was trying his best to correct the confused and idiotic assumptions of the senator. That decision had already been made several years prior and was not the purpose of the hearing nor his appearance there. Several years prior to the hearing, government policy makers—not the rear admiral—came to the decision that the next generation of submarines would be conventionally powered. Whatever their reasons were, a decade or more ago, that decision had already been made—or if you prefer... that ship had already sailed. The rear admiral was simply part of an expert naval group assigned the task of reviewing and evaluating the design proposals and bids from naval engineering firms in Japan, Germany, and France. He was there to answer questions regarding that process and the proposals received.

The hearing was simply an oversight review of the contracting and bidding process which had been completed. The purpose was NOT to turn back the clock on a government policy decision which had been made at least six years prior by others. That fact made the senator's questions regarding nuclear subs to the rear admiral, along with her failed attempt to elicit classified information in a public setting, even more stupid. She was simply trying to score some sort of political point by posing obviously confused questions and asking the rear admiral about a decision which had been made several years prior by government officials other than himself. If she had an issue with the decision for conventionally powered subs—once again, made several years prior by others—she was taking it up with the wrong person; at the wrong time; in the wrong setting. But, that really isn't what stood out in the videos that I linked. It was her inability to understand repeated explanations given to her regarding the simple difference between a propulsion system (propeller/pump jet) and the power plant which makes it turn. It was that inability which made her look like a unusually dense idiot—not to mention her question about whether using a more modern replacement for a propeller would limit submerged operation to 20-minutes.

I know that you do not and will not understand any of these facts or any of the context. I also realize that you want to engage me in some sort of circular argument that will go round and round and then thru a series of irrelevant rabbit holes.

I decline.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 05:02:20 pm by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

TechTalk

« Reply #11467 on: September 18, 2021, 04:19:40 pm »

So you know more about it than they do?

I can assure you that, if the rear admiral, you, myself, and Senator Pauline Hanson (who you have said is "smarter" than the rear admiral regarding submarines) were locked in a room together to discuss submarine technology—the rear admiral would have infinitely more knowledge on the subject than the rest of us combined. Personally, I would keep my mouth shut and learn something from him, while watching his facial expressions when he his repeatedly asked asinine questions. The latter would be a lesson in self-control.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 06:05:17 pm by TechTalk »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #11468 on: September 18, 2021, 04:28:18 pm »

I can assure you that, if the rear admiral, you, myself, and Senator Pauline Hanson (who you have said is "smarter" than the rear admiral regarding submarines) were locked in a room together to discuss submarine technology—the rear admiral would have infinitely more knowledge on the subject than the rest of us combined. Personally, I would keep my mouth shut and learn something from him, while watching his facial expressions when he his repeatedly asked asinine questions.
You have to put this into context. Senator Pauline Hanson knows more about submarines than all the admirals just as Trump knows more about (fill in the blank) than (fill in the blank). Which is just like trying to have a conversation based on facts, data and critical thinking with Alan. He's just like Trump and Senator Pauline Hanson; they know just how smart they are compared to everyone else. Stable geniuses (who when push comes to shove, can't get out of a wet paper bag). And which you and I and Alan's audience here knows is delusional 'thinking'. 
If I were also in the above group, I too I would keep my mouth shut and learn something from the rear admiral, while watching his facial expressions when he his repeatedly provided asinine statements from Mr. Klein. That happens on this forum (and not just on the topic of subs and the government but basic photography) on a daily basis.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11469 on: September 18, 2021, 05:02:17 pm »

You're extremely confused. What kind of submarines Australia wants is up to them. I'm not making any argument, of any kind, as to what would be best for them. And... wait for it... Neither was the rear admiral, who was trying his best to correct the confused and idiotic assumptions of the senator. That decision had already been made several years prior and was not the purpose of the hearing or his appearance there. Several years prior to the hearing, government policy makers—not the rear admiral—came to the decision that the next generation of submarines would be conventionally powered. Whatever their reasons were, a decade or more ago, that decision had already been made—or if you prefer... that ship had already sailed. The rear admiral was simply part of an expert naval group assigned the task of reviewing and evaluating the design proposals and bids from naval engineering firms in Japan, Germany, and France. He was there to answer questions regarding that process and the proposals received.

The hearing was simply an oversight review of the contracting and bidding process which had been completed. The purpose was NOT to turn back the clock on a government policy decision which had been made at least six years prior by others. That fact made the senator's questions regarding nuclear subs to the rear admiral, along with her failed attempt to elicit classified information in a public setting, even more stupid. She was simply trying to score some sort of political point by posing obviously confused questions and asking the rear admiral about a decision which had been made several years prior by government officials other than himself. If she had an issue with the decision for conventionally powered subs—once again, made several years prior by others—she was taking it up with the wrong person; at the wrong time; in the wrong setting. But, that really isn't what stood out in the videos that I linked. It was her inability to understand repeated explanations given to her regarding the simple difference between a propulsion system (propeller/pump jet) and the power plant which makes it turn. It was that inability which made her look like a unusually dense idiot—not to mention her question about whether using a more modern replacement for a propeller would limit submerged operation to 20-minutes.

I know that you do not and will not understand any of these facts or any of the context. I also realize that you want to engage me in some sort of circular argument that will go round and round and then thru a series of irrelevant rabbit holes.

I decline.
Why don't we let people watch the two-minute clip and draw their own conclusions?  We don't have to interpret anything for them. 

TechTalk

« Reply #11470 on: September 18, 2021, 05:03:34 pm »

We don't have to interpret anything for them.

You've apparently felt an urgent need to... repeatedly.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #11471 on: September 18, 2021, 05:04:59 pm »

Just in (for real):
CIA warned children were possibly present seconds before US missile killed 10.
Coming (not real, from a hammer):
Biden was manning the drone and ignored the CIA. Bad man, bad President, Senile.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #11472 on: September 18, 2021, 05:05:45 pm »

Why don't we let people watch the two-minute clip and draw their own conclusions?  We don't have to interpret anything for them.
I did. You're wrong.
Next.

TechTalk

« Reply #11473 on: September 18, 2021, 05:12:43 pm »

Why don't we let people watch the two-minute clip and draw their own conclusions?

Watch the 12-minute clip. It's even more enlightening and entertaining.

I added the 2-minute excerpt clip for those with short attention spans who don't really concern themselves with context.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #11474 on: September 18, 2021, 06:36:03 pm »

In today's edition of natural selection:
Florida GOP Bookkeeper Who Railed Against 'Faucism' Dies Of COVID-19
Now the Hillsborough County GOP is bracing to miss its federal filing deadline. A Florida Republican who ranted against coronavirus safety mandates on social media died “suddenly” of COVID-19 before he could teach anyone else how to manage his local party chapter’s accounting software ― leaving his former colleagues scrambling.
The Hillsborough County Republican Executive Committee, based in Tampa, filed a notice with the Federal Election Commission on Tuesday stating that the group would try its best, but might not be able to make its next filing deadline.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #11475 on: September 18, 2021, 09:52:42 pm »

Canada too freed France.

Now there's an open-ended statement that could use some clarification...

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11476 on: September 19, 2021, 09:02:48 am »

Now there's an open-ended statement that could use some clarification...
Normandy D-Day:
The majority of troops who landed on the D-Day beaches were from the United Kingdom, Canada and the US. However, troops from many other countries participated in D-Day and the Battle of Normandy: Australia, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, France, Greece, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway and Poland.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 09:12:16 am by Alan Klein »

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #11477 on: September 19, 2021, 11:02:09 am »

Normandy D-Day:
The majority of troops who landed on the D-Day beaches were from the United Kingdom, Canada and the US. However, troops from many other countries participated in D-Day and the Battle of Normandy: Australia, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, France, Greece, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway and Poland.

Why are you crabbing away about something that happened 80 years ago? Is this supposed to mean something? Is it at all relevant to anything we've been discussing, because I'm missing something here.

--
Robert

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #11478 on: September 19, 2021, 11:26:59 am »

Why are you crabbing away about something that happened 80 years ago?
Desperation and a need to distract. Nothing new in that posting M.O.
Asking him to 'explain' himself simply deepens the rabbit hole and produces more posts of desperation and a need to distract from the shot-comings so many observe and point out.
"I’ve learned two things the hard way: You can’t fix stupid and you shouldn’t use up your patience to fix stupid". -Karen A. Baquiran

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11479 on: September 19, 2021, 12:42:40 pm »

Why are you crabbing away about something that happened 80 years ago? Is this supposed to mean something? Is it at all relevant to anything we've been discussing, because I'm missing something here.

I was making the point that France wants to always push its weight around beyond its size.  Meanwhile, it was the UK, Canada, and America that beat the Nazis who were occupying France.  That was the second time we pulled their chestnuts out of the fire. We did it previously during WWI with Imperial Germany.  France still thinks it's a major power as it was 150 years ago. It wants to create an EU-type NATO without the US.  That's a joke.  Europe doesn't even want to spend the 2% money it promised for NATO letting America carry the weight of their protection.  So they're certainly not going to join France as a defence leader and make them spend money they don't want to spend now. 

In any case, I hope Biden doesn't give anything away to France.  He should ask Trump to meet with the French to discuss things.  I think Macron likes Biden less than Trump nowadays. Trump will probably laugh at France's diesel subs. Maybe France can sell the diesel subs to other European countries.

France’s Macron to talk to Biden amid crisis over submarines

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-business-france-europe-united-states-f7305629e329e8a31a8f07e3d3bbffce
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 807   Go Up